Head of Insurance Products Operations
Commercial – Insurance Product
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Head of Insurance Products Operations to join us in London or Northampton.
The insurance product team is focused on meeting the insurance needs of small businesses and landlords. The team achieves this by working with our insurer partners and using their existing products, or designing new ones. The team owns what we sell and is responsible for selecting, designing, developing, implementing and managing the range of insurance products we offer. We work with key teams across the business, including insurer relations, claims, customer insight, marketing and acquisition, operations, underwriting, partnerships and distribution, and digital product.
As Head of Insurance Products Operations you will:
- design and deliver the optimum structure and processes for insurance product change delivery, considering role and training requirements, processes and technology solutions, eg automation
- own the delivery roadmap, align to team accountabilities and ensure maximum change capability
- define and deliver a best-fit prioritisation matrix, taking into account both new and existing products
- ensure timely delivery of insurer requested changes
- act as a point of escalation to resolve any issues, delays or blockers to delivery
- be the business owner of strategic cross-product projects, ensuring benefits align to budget and strategic priorities and taking ownership for results
- implement a robust product governance and risk framework
- people management for senior product manager operations and product architect roles
- managing and putting the delivery template into operation for new products to ensure consistent and frictionless delivery for each new product
- ownership of the insurance product compliance and risk framework, including risk registers, controls and root cause analysis
- leading the work to implement further structure and rigour to the controls and processes, ensuring all our insurance products operate in the best way possible for customers
What we are looking for:
- leadership skills to influence our direction, decisions and execution at both a senior leadership level and across the wider business
- demonstrable ownership and responsiveness, with a bias to action and commitment
- experience in running a great delivery function
- programme management experience
- people management experience
- experience of working in a regulated industry and awareness of good risk and product management governance requirements
- a collaborator, who knows how to compromise in the right way and has experience in leading varied groups to make swift decisions
- a track record of making trade-off calls on prioritisation – with a history of great decision making using data and evidence
- strong problem-solving skills and the motivation to take on challenges with minimal direction
- experience with e-commerce teams using agile software product development
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences