Senior Pricing Manager
London, United Kingdom
Commercial – Pricing
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and forward-thinking senior manager to work within our industry-leading pricing function.
You’ll have the chance to do more than put your hands-on expertise to good use in this role – there are opportunities to gain great job satisfaction in an environment where you can make things happen quickly, with encouragement to explore your ideas fully.
As a Senior Pricing Manager you’ll:
- Support and influence the implementation of a pricing strategy that balances the optimisation of a multiyear, multiprovider panel, with the longer-term company strategy of building the best customer focused financial services business
- Build and maintain statistical and machine learning models, using leading-edge pricing practices so that we can better understand our customers, distribution, performance and products
- Deliver pricing recommendations to senior stakeholders in the business, based on insights from our best-in-class analytics infrastructure combined with external data sources
- Focusing on management of new business pricing, while supporting across all areas
- Taking a lead role in advancing further our technical and machine learning capabilities
- Developing enhancements to our pricing modelling and undertaking statistical research into potential new areas for pricing
- Analysing the performance of implemented pricing changes, regularly monitoring and presenting pricing performance
- Driving commercial value through collaboration with a cross section of the business, to help manage overall portfolio performance and growth
- Identifying risks and opportunities, and taking appropriate action to mitigate or maximise accordingly
- Supporting the development of junior members of staff
What we’re looking for:
- Proven hands-on experience in price optimisation, regression analysis and machine learning, and how these techniques can be applied to the economics of an online business
- Someone who’s comfortable working quickly with large amounts of data and identifying what is important, what could be wrong, and getting solutions into place quickly
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL (ideally)
- A self-starter with a passion for data and attention to detail
- Curiosity, intellectual agility and statistical fluency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of staff and senior management
- Experience in mentoring, coaching and performance management (ideally)
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences