IT Systems Engineer
IT Service & Operations – BizOps Support /
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You’ll be part of an IT Support team that provides simple, intuitive, and hassle-free IT support to your colleagues. You’ll help make sure every Simply Business employee has reliable IT systems – and quite literally keep our engine room humming.
You'll be reporting into James (our BizOps Support Lead), who is based overseas in Poland. James prides himself on his carefully selected team, who provide support for all things IT for the global business. The team has regular team building days to keep you engaged, inspired, and enthusiastic about your role.
As one of our IT Systems Engineers, you’ll:
- deal with incoming Level 2 incidents and service requests in a professional and courteous manner via Slack, email, and in person
- be a point of escalation from the Service Desk, you’ll also provide guidance and mentorship to the Service Desk team
- support our internal users across our London office, as well as remote support for our Northampton and Boston (US) offices, and our remote colleagues elsewhere
- run small to medium scale projects, and manage stakeholder expectations
- log incidents and service requests through their entire lifecycle from first point of contact through to resolution, keeping users updated throughout
- create, maintain, and enhance self-service IT that empowers users. You’ll have a strong desire to automate manual processes
We’re looking for someone who is:
- able to administer Google Workspace (user accounts, groups, and core apps)
- experienced in deploying, supporting, and managing Apple Macbooks using JAMF
- able to administer Microsoft Intune
- experienced in deploying, supporting, and managing Dell laptops running Windows 10
- able to use service management and project management tools (Fresh Service, Jira, etc)
(We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the bullet points above to be considered for this role)
Ready to drive technology change and enhancements throughout Simply Business? Apply today.
About Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 900,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
Why not check out our advert on YouTube: Simply Business TV advert 2022: You name it. We insure it.
What are the benefits?
We support every team member to balance work and life effectively.
• remote working - you can balance working remotely and connecting with colleagues in the office
• mental health and wellbeing resources - access to counselling and technology to support your mental health
• flexible parental leave - we pay six months full pay to the primary caregiver, and four weeks full pay if you’re the secondary caregiver
• paid sabbatical - two weeks off when you’ve been here five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here 10, 15 and 20 years
• a dedicated learning platform - the platform lets you balance both work and life goals (including management and leadership programme)
• life event leave - an extra day of leave every two years for whatever you want: moving house, welcoming a new pet, or your birthday
We also make sure you’re compensated fairly.
• competitive salary - based upon your experience and the market we’re in from day one
• annual bonus - the potential to earn a bonus based on business performance
• pension - we match what you put into your pension up to five percent
• health cash plan - we reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• holiday entitlement - 25 days leave, plus bank holidays (you can also use your flexible benefits to get up to five days more!)
• life assurance - four times your basic salary
• flexible benefits scheme - an allocated allowance to use each year on things like private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership.
Ready to join us and drive our success as a high-performing team? Apply today.