Internal Communications Manager
People – People Team
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for...
An expert communicator to work cross-functionally to further develop and execute an internal communication strategy that is in line with our values to engage employees based in the US and aligned with our global communications strategy.
This role will play a crucial part in embedding our US strategy through developing communication channels and engagement programs that are clear, effective, aligned with company objectives.
This role will report into our US People Team but will have a matrixed working relationship to our Global Head of Internal Communications to ensure continuity and partnership with our global communications practices and drive US business results.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and own an internal communications plan to enable effective and highly engaging communication programs
- Own and execute the day-to-day delivery of internal communications across the Boston office and contribute globally to the internal communications strategy
- Developing excellent relationships throughout the organization to educate and serve as a strategic advisor to the business on internal communications
- Business partner and influence senior stakeholders on internal communication best practices
- Drive and oversee effective, measurable, timely and tailored delivery of internal communications campaigns, working to maximize reach and impact
- Identify specific ways to enhance existing Internal Communications and Engagement tools; constantly exploring and testing new ideas
Whe are looking for someone who:
- Has a degree in Communications, English, Journalism or a related field or equivalent experience
- Has a demonstrated track record and experience managing internal communications and employee engagement programs within a fast paced organization
- Is passionate about ensuring that employees have first-class experience and perception of Simply Business through clear, timely, on-brand communications
- Has the skills and confidence to work with and guide stakeholders, at all levels, being able to give them specific direction and challenge them in the way they deliver messages
- Demonstrated experience building effective partnerships and acting as a trusted advisor to senior leaders
- Excellent written skills - a proven expert in simplifying complex information with a flair for persuasive ‘storytelling’- a portfolio of past projects and work samples will be requested
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management, enabling you to work with multiple stakeholders, handle multiple projects – and meet new challenges – with composure and confidence
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with a drive to contribute new ideas
- Has experienced working in a multi-location and high growth organization
- The ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/