Copy and Content Manager
London, United Kingdom
Marketing – Brand Marketing
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We’re looking for an expert Copy and Content Manager to own the execution of the Simply Business voice, to prioritise our editorial endeavours, and to inspire the continued excellence of our in-house copy/content team.
Working into the Head of Digital Content and Communications, the role will play a crucial part in the growth of our content efforts – both on our highly-successful Knowledge centre and beyond – as well as driving the quality of all our written communications, with line management responsibility for a team of writers.
As a Copy and Content Manager you’ll be
- Setting the standard for what brilliant, effective, and engaging writing looks like at Simply Business
- Steering the editorial agenda and helping to drive the growth of our Knowledge centre through exceptional and optimised content
- Acting as a key point of contact for the rest of the business in delivering an efficient and first-class internal copy service
- Leading a talented team of copywriters
- Driving the engagement of our database through targeted, tailored, and timely content
- Exploring new audiences, platforms and distribution opportunities
- Ensuring all content/copy team output is of the highest quality
- Acting as a prime custodian of the Simply Business written style and tone
- Helping to guide – and refine – project briefs
- Overseeing, organising, and directing the content team’s workflow
- Championing consistency and brilliance in all Simply Business communications
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has impeccable spelling and grammar credentials, with a keen eye for the finer details
- Is experienced in using data to inform an engaging, results-driven content strategy and editorial calendar
- Has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of SEO
- Is passionate about ensuring that customers have a great experience and perception of Simply Business, through simple, on-brand comms
- Has experience leading a team (or relevant demonstrable skills), with an aptitude for developing talent
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management, enabling you to work with multiple stakeholders at varying levels
- Is an expert in content marketing – understanding its power and importance to the digital marketing mix
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with a drive to contribute new ideas
- Is a proven expert in the nuances of written communication
- Is able to handle multiple projects – and meet new challenges – with composure and confidence
- Relishes autonomy and values productivity
- Has a degree in English, Journalism, or a related Marketing/Comms field – a bonus but not essential
- Understands the small business and landlord audience – a bonus but not essential
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences