Business Development Manager
Commercial – Commercial
A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at email@example.com. Similarly, please email us if you’re not well, you’re self-isolating, or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one below.
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We need a Business Development Manager to join our growing Commercial team. Reporting to the Vice President of Insurance Panel, this position will play a pivotal role in enabling business success by identifying, building, and executing relationships with commercial insurance carriers. The Commercial team is responsible for building a panel of insurance carriers and identifying partnerships that lead to impactful business outcomes for Simply Business, the partner, and our customers.
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- Work closely with the VP of Insurance Panel to identify target insurance carriers to engage with
- Have accountability for carrier panel development and expansion
- Share SB value proposition to new potential carriers
- Probe carrier pain points and identify unique Simply Business solutions to address those pain points in alignment with SB strategic initiative(s)
- Negotiate contract terms with insurance carrier panel members, including compensation
- Communicate onboarding expectations internally and externally while providing oversight of carrier onboarding activities
- Attend and represent SB at industry events
- Communicate carrier panel pipeline development updates to SB senior leadership
- Travel up to 30% of time
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with commercial insurance placement in preferably both the admitted and non-admitted market
- A deep level of industry expertise and subject matter expertise, preferably as an Agent or Broker with non-admitted experience
- Demonstrated experience of identifying, building effective relationships, and ultimately executing agreements of varying types and complexity, with excellent deal negotiation and commercial structuring skills
- A self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize your own workload and pipeline to the needs of the business, with effective communication skills
- A highly confident relationship builder with the natural ability to engage, build relationships and networks, and understand the needs of prospective partners
- Excellent communication skills and experience delivering compelling pitches, presentations, and proposals based on business and potential partners needs
- The ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/