Customer Solutions Consultant (Sales Consultant)
Northampton, United Kingdom
NCC – Outbound
Full-Time or Part-Time
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge dataability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get theidea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Are you highly motivated and passionate about sales? Do you enjoy having engaging conversations while providing exceptional customer service? Then joining our Outbound team as a Customer Solutions Consultant could be the job for you!
What you will be doing:
- completing outbound telephone calls, with the aim of selling new business policies to prospective customers
- overcoming customer objections by bringing to life the benefits of our products and be comfortable discussing these in detail
- following up with customers over the phone
- you will follow the whole process through to completion, supporting the customer, ensuring payment details and direct debits are completed accurately
You need to be this kind of person:
- know how to delight customers and keep them coming back
- passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service for customer
- able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
As part of this role we will provide you with all the training required to be a consultant at Simply Business. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to demonstrate these skills:
- capturing and updating customer accounts
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- great organisation skills, with the ability to balance your workload when dealing with multiple tasks
- proven experience of identify customers through active listening
- thick skin - sometimes it’s tough working in a sales role but having the mindset of every call is an opportunity goes along way when it comes to a successful career in sales!
Who is Simply Business:
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, creating the best possible insurance experience for small businesses, self-employed people and landlords. Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences