Talent Project Manager (Maternity cover - 12 months)
London, United Kingdom
People – People Team
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Talent Project Manager based in Northampton or London
Joining our Talent Experience team, you’ll execute projects that enhance our overall global talent experience, evolving and leading our approach on culture and engagement.
Attracting and retaining talent in creative and exciting ways is key to our vision, and this role will ensure we connect every aspect of our talent experience seamlessly, across learning, talent acquisition, reward and social impact.
As a Talent Project Manager you’ll:
- support the Head of Talent Experience, executing projects that improve consistency of our talent experience
- carry out research, gather insights and make recommendations, to make sure we’re always using, or are aware of, the most recent advancements in attracting and retaining talent
- identify and deliver continuous improvements to our talent experience
- manage and execute cross-functional talent experience projects in an Agile environment
- champion Simply Business culture, reinforcing it throughout our talent experience
- use data to make recommendations for continuous improvement
- project manage the defining, implementing and maintaining of Simply Business culture and values on a global scale, ensuring scalability as we grow
- own the global employee engagement survey and work across the People and Analytics teams to deliver meaningful and actionable insights, and hold us to account
We’re looking for someone who:
- is passionate about the chance to help shape our talent experience, culture and broader business
- can successfully manage multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities, with keen attention to detail
- has a track record of delivering high-impact projects
- can use data, technology and market intelligence to develop strategies
- has strong people and communication skills, and the ability to interact with a variety of people in different locations, at different levels, with different styles
- has experience in carrying out research and using tools like Excel to gather insights to make business recommendations
- has experience of working in Agile or Lean environments
- has experience working within a talent acquisition and/or learning environment
- can challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences