Business Intelligence Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Technology – Data and Analytics
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As a team we’re responsible for:
- Driving high quality data-based decision making into all areas of our business
- Data definitions, source system identification and connectivity, working with end users to define business requirements and needs, performing data validation, writing business intelligence (BI) policies and procedures and overseeing their implementation
- Using the power of data to transform and improve any system for the organisation as a whole
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will:
- be an information evangelist, helping to foster a company-wide, data-driven culture
- help to ensure people across the business have access to the right data to make decisions
- work alongside a talented team of data engineers; you’ll help steer their work, ensuring it’s adding maximum value
- over time, you’ll develop your business and data analysis skills to tackle bigger architectural questions, aiming to become a Business or Solutions Architect
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across the business, encouraging smart use of data in decision making
- Designing and building self-serve reporting/analysis tools, and training and supporting users
- Ad-hoc analysis, interpreting and communicating results
- Collecting requirements and prioritising them for engineering work on our data platform
- Designing business-focused solutions to problems that cross business, tech and data teams
We’re looking for:
- Someone with a passion for data and how it can be used to change a business. You should be enthusiastic about spreading this passion far and wide in our business, bringing people along on the journey with us
- Good experience in writing SQL and using a reporting tool or two such as Looker, Tableau or QlikView
- Experience in collecting requirements from business users, turning these into technical designs and negotiating the architectural implications of the proposed changes
- Experience in a variety of data modelling techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences