London, United Kingdom
Technology – Data and Analytics
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need an Insight Analyst to join us in our London office.
This person would help us understand how to improve our customer experience, optimise our operations and marketing activities, and grow our customer base.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help drive our business forward by leveraging our cutting edge data platform and tech stack, engaging with our product and marketing teams, collaborating with our data engineers and data science team, and putting your analytical skills to use in the context of a data-hungry and agile organisation.
As an Insight Analyst you will:
- Drive growth in the business by empowering product teams to achieve their acquisition, conversion, and retention objectives
- Uncover and deliver insight utilising data science and machine learning techniques, data mining, statistical analysis, and visualisation
- Identify and clearly present actionable recommendations to stakeholders; propose new ideas to achieve better outcomes
- Build and nurture positive relationships with business stakeholders by understanding their problem-space
- Identify areas of opportunity by taking a holistic view of our customer and marketing data and challenging existing processes
- Promote the output and capabilities of the analysis team across the business to help foster a company-wide data driven culture
- Presenting analysis and recommendations to both senior and tactical stakeholders, and driving action to achieve results
- Supporting product discovery, research, and experimentation
- Capture requirements and collaborate across our data engineers and product teams to evolve our data sets and data pipelines
- Identifying new data sources or proposing new ways to add value using existing data sources
- Build dashboards and self-service query tools and train colleagues to use them
- Assist in the delivery of externally facing commercial data products
What we are looking for:
- Proven aptitude for data analysis data and problem solving with a view toward delivering actionable insight and recommendations
- Using various analytical methodologies to identify areas of opportunity to drive growth or better customer outcomes
- Decomposing business and insight challenges, and structuring, delivering and owning data solutions
- Excellent data interrogation and modelling skills with a strong working knowledge of SQL
- Working with and influencing multiple stakeholders across the business
- Knowledge of data modelling techniques
- A BSc./MSc. or demonstrable experience in mathematics, statistics, computer science or similar
Experience of at least some of the following:
- Relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RedShift, BigQuery, Vertica etc )
- Statistical testing and data science techniques
- Web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Snowplow, KISSmetrics, Segment, New Relic)
- Programming languages (Python, MatLab, R)
- Data visualisation / BI technologies (e.g. Looker, Tableau, QlikView, Pentaho, Business Objects, Cognos)
We want to meet you
At Simply Business, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. Unfortunately, research has shown that some candidates, particularly women and people from other underrepresented groups, are put off applying for a job if they don’t fit every single one of the criteria.
But hiring at Simply Business isn’t a box ticking exercise – we’re much more interested in meeting people who’re excited to work with us. So if this job appeals to you and you think you’d be a good fit, send us your CV. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at interview soon.
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences