Head of Delivery
London, United Kingdom
Group Change – Group Change
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As a team we’re responsible for the delivery of projects and programmes for the UK business, providing project, programme and change support to all departments. This can take the form of project managing change initiatives, or providing guidance for more local delivery, right up to large-scale strategic change programmes.
We’re looking for a bright, dynamic and experienced change leader who can ensure our portfolios are effectively managed, develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, and support and develop the Change team to ensure our continued success.
As Head of Delivery you’ll:
- be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of the UK change plan, ensuring all agreed projects and programmes within the UK portfolio are delivered against agreed criteria relating to time, cost and quality
- work with key business stakeholders to identify the support needed to deliver projects and programmes and make sure they’re properly resourced
- ensure programmes and projects are delivered using effective, situationally based, best practice methods
- ensure programmes support and enable Tech and Product teams to deliver against business objectives
- ensure all project and programme delivery is in line with core business strategy for the UK
- provide day-to-day management of the UK Change team, providing support, guidance and coaching, as required
- work with the Associate VP of Group Change to ensure an effective PMO delivery for the business
We’re looking for someone to:
- take responsibility for the delivery of the UK Project and Programme Plan
- ensure that all projects and programmes are delivered to achieve desired outcomes and business benefits
- highlight and manage strategic delivery risks for the UK, at a portfolio level
- ensure projects and programmes are managed in line with Simply Business culture – an enabler for successful delivery and not a bureaucratic blocker
- prioritise project and programme delivery in line with UK business strategy
- work with our UK COO and senior management to support change into operations
- ensure all UK projects and programmes: are delivered in line with an agreed scope, time and cost. Manage risk tolerance and escalation processes, as required. Have effective governance structures. Have stakeholder management and communication plans. Manage effective business-wide communications.
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences