Northampton, United Kingdom
People – People Team
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
The People Team are the champions of our greatest strategic asset: our people. We’re passionate about driving business impact and delivering an exceptional employee experience.
As a People Partner you’ll be integrated into a designated business area, where you’ll put your deep understanding of the business objectives to good use, providing expert insight and leadership around all things people-related, including people strategy and planning, organisational health and talent management. Partnering with cross-functional groups of subject matter experts, you’ll design and execute the strategy and plans for our people.
Above all, you’ll be a champion of the Simply Business culture.
As a People Partner you'll:
- Have a deep understanding of the specific objectives and talent needs of your business area, including headcount, competencies and people challenges
- Lead the development and execution of a high-impact people strategy and plan for your area that’s aligned to business and HR team objectives
- Focus on the development of leadership skills and EQ across your area
- Support your business partners in managing transformation and change
- Be an active and trusted member of your business partner’s leadership team, as well as a member of the People Team
- Provide insightful people-related data to guide decision making and solution development
- Coach and mentor all team members for your area, as required
- Lead the design and delivery of innovative, revolutionary and measured high-impact solutions for our people
- Ensure that we’re managing our talent effectively, including by partnering with the Talent Experience team
- Partner with the Employee Relations team on ER issues, ensuring the right expert actively responds to and addresses concerns
What we are looking for:
- Someone who’s passionate about business impact – a People Partner who understands the strategic value of HR in delivering a
- Business’s key objectives
- Experience as a management consultant or equivalent experience with proven strategic skills – you’ll have a track record of
- Developing high-impact strategies and plans
- Demonstrated experience of supporting scale
- Leadership skills and strong business acumen
- A track record of designing and delivering innovative solutions using your creative and critical thinking skills
- Experience in most of the following areas – organisational design, succession planning, performance management, business
- Consulting, talent development, talent management, data analysis, and ideally some experience in employee relations
- Analytical and problem solving skills – the ability to analyse data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Based on the analysis
- A data-driven approach to all decision-making and delivery – you measure the impact of your programmes and activities and iterate as required
- Excellent communication and consulting skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with a complex set of stakeholders
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences