Senior Product Manager
Product Management – Product
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
As a member of one of our product teams, you will be key to growing your product area and outcomes, by leading a team through discovery – establishing what the right thing to build is – to implementation and beyond.
As a Senior Product Manager you will own one or more products and be responsible for leading the full life-cycle of them, owning the vision, strategy and roadmap. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations.
Working closely with Tech, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for customers of your products. Your partners in Tech are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things - it’s one team!
As a Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Lead product discovery to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers
- Conduct stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes
- Champion solutions that work for the customer and the business
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to define the strategy & direction for your Products
- Define KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Lead the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost-effective manner
- Prioritize and set the team direction, creating a strong sense of engagement and momentum
- Define use cases and user journeys. Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Product manage features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Provide leadership to continuously improve product management practice in your area
- Proactively keep up to date with latest developments in product management thinking, process and techniques
- Champion Build/Measure/Learn and lean practices, creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the product management discipline, especially in discovery and delivery methodologies.
- Set the example of what great product management looks like
What We Are Looking For:
- Proven experience in working out what the right things to build are through discovery, data and collaboration (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!)
- Extensive experience developing multiple complex products through full life cycle
- Someone who has worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits
- Excellent stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Passion for product design and the experience to back up their views
- Ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- Someone who loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions
- Extensive experience working with agile teams
- Someone who has good technical understanding – we don’t expect you to code, but you must understand how your products are technically architected and have an understanding of engineering and infrastructure best practices
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Someone who demonstrates ownership, responsiveness – a bias to action, and commitment
- Strong, fast prioritization and decision-making skills
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/