Service Management Analyst
London, UK /
IT Service & Operations – BizOps Service Management /
We’re Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 750,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
But what’s it like to work here? Here are three reasons why Simply Business could be your next employer
We Embrace Individuality We value what’s important to each and every SBer. Whether that be providing access to cutting edge wellbeing support, or being part of one of our many diversity networks and communities. We also take personal development seriously - we’re all about enabling big dreams.
We Trust Who We Hire We empower SBers with choice and flexibility to make the right decisions based on the needs of their roles and we’ve been working this way long before Covid19.
There’s no one-size-fits all solution when it comes to how often we get together in person, so all of our people and teams find the rhythm that suits them best when it comes to working from home or hub.
We’re innovative We've created a place for people to be curious, experience new things, and bring unique ideas to the table. If you want to learn how we do all this - head over to our Careers page where you’ll see us walk the talk
If Simply Business sounds like the kind of place you’ll thrive, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Service Management Analyst to join our team here in London.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- you’ll be the main point of contact between Simply Business technology and our parent company, Travelers, for the certification of SOX IT controls and technology audits
- you’ll be a key resource on the technology audit programme and take ownership for the resolution or mitigation of any accepted findings
- working closely with the risk, compliance, finance and, technology teams, making sure actions are correctly prioritised for remediation
- managing quarterly SOX IT control submissions for our critical services
- responsible for the remediation of SOX IT control deficiencies or failures
- providing major incident management cover both in and out of business hours. This includes managing communication with our external partners, in line with our contractual obligations
- owning the problem management process, managing actions from major incidents, and driving the resolution of items that reduce risk for the organisation
We're looking for someone who is...
- passionate about delivering great service and instilling service excellence across technology
- an excellent communicator, able to translate technical issues to non-technical audiences and vice-versa
- experienced working in the financial services sector and complex, multi-cloud environments
- experienced working in a service management team, within an agile environment
- experienced in financial IT audits, SOX IT risks & controls, or has knowledge of related frameworks
- passionate about building processes for audit controls and management of risks
- experienced with service management frameworks such as ITIL v4 and related concepts, including major incident and problem management
- versatile and able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- familiar with service management and agile tools such as Freshservice, Jira, Trello, and GitHub
A few more details about the role..
- Service Management at Simply Business is a brand new team. You’ll be joining at an exciting period of growth for both the team and the organisation
- you’ll have the opportunity to work with the Service Management Lead to shape the future of service management at Simply Business
- you’ll be the key point of contact between Simply Business technology and our parent company’s (Travelers) corporate technology audit team
- you’ll need the ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of business stakeholders, including risk, compliance, technology & control owners, and within our parent company (Travelers)
- you’ll be working in an agile environment, which has a fast pace of change and evolving priorities
Our culture is inclusive and diverse
Our mission is to make Simply Business synonymous with fairness, belonging and inclusivity. We won’t be happy until we’ve created a truly inclusive culture – where every employee, whatever their background, role, or location, feels comfortable being their authentic self at work.
We all have a part to play – to learn more, to do more and to go further – in building this new reality that’ll be befitting of the diversity of the customers we serve. At Simply Business, we’re all in.
What are the benefits?
At Simply Business, our benefits let you balance life and work properly:
• flexible parental leave – you can choose to take shared parental leave, plus we offer full pay for the first six months of your maternity leave and four-week fully paid paternity leave, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria
• remote working – more of us are currently working remotely than usual, but longer-term you can balance working remotely with working in the office, giving you the opportunity to connect with colleagues
• mental health and wellbeing resources – we take your wellbeing seriously, giving you access to counselling (through our Employee Assistance Programme) as well as technology to support your mental health (through the Unmind app)
• paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here for five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here for 10 years
• a dedicated learning platform – including a management and leadership programme – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals
And we compensate you fairly:
• a competitive salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• the potential to earn an annual bonus based on business performance (those on commission-led roles will be rewarded monthly)
• we match what you put into your pension up to five per cent
• a health cash plan reimburses your everyday medical expenses (with the opportunity to increase the level of your plan in your flexible benefits)
• a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• life assurance of four times of your basic salary
• Smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP
• a flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
These values are important to us and our people
These all mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re thinking about working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.