Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition
People – People Team
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
At Simply Business, our major competitive advantage is our People. As we look to scale the business, we are looking for a Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition to join our US team. In this role you will be responsible for identifying, building, testing and growing our talent acquisition strategies in a way that promotes diversity, results in attracting high quality talent, and delivers on business results.
This role will report to the US Vice President of People and be a thought leader on talent acquisition to the business. You will provide talent acquisition subject matter expertise and collaborate with People Partners, stakeholders, hiring managers and other People leads to contribute to our growth as we scale from 65 to a few hundred employees over the next few years.
You will also collaborate with your peers globally to ensure the commitment to a high quality talent and an impactful candidate experience is consistent regardless of market.
As the Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition, you will:
- Lead the design and delivery of our US talent acquisition initiatives that aligns with business objectives, promotes diversity and is forward-thinking
- Directly coach, grow and develop a team of two Talent Acquisitions Specialists
- Develop a trusted relationship with the business and become a business partner to them Deliver a best in class hiring experience for candidates and hiring managers
- Grow and enhance our EVP and employer brand in the US by partnering with our marketing team and external agencies
- Lead the recruitment on senior and executive level searches
- Create assessment frameworks that lead to top talent hiring while promoting diversity and reducing bias
What we are looking for:
- Experience designing and delivering scalable talent acquisition strategies in high-growth environments with measurable results
- A passion for delivering an exceptional talent acquisition experience for candidates, hiring managers and for the business
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- 5+ years of experience in an in-house and/or agency recruiting setting
- Experience with hands-on coaching, developing and managing a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists
- Someone who is committed to not only in the moment execution but also leveraging data, technology and innovation to drive talent acquisition strategies
- A champion of diversity and reducing bias in talent acquisition
- Excellent communication and consulting skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders
- You have experience of working in agile/lean environments with distributed teams
- Passion and enthusiasm for making Simply Business the best place to work in Boston (this is what we can’t teach!)
- The ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences