Northampton, United Kingdom
People – People Team
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As a team we’re responsible for devising employee salary, bonus and incentive scheme policies.
It’s also our job to administer, manage and evaluate these, making sure the right people get paid the right amount of money, at the right time!
The Rewards function is crucial in helping retain and motivate employees, but also for attracting new people to work at Simply Business.
We cover this across all locations: London, Northampton and Boston.
As a Reward Manager you will:
- effectively manage the current suite of UK employee benefits. This includes responsibility for the annual renewals process under direction from the Global Head of Reward
- be responsible for benefits communications, including content on SB Rewards and our intranet, Cake. You’ll ensure employees have access to the information they need, when they need it. Working with Internal Communications, you’ll develop an annual benefits engagement campaign plan
- be an escalation point for People Ops and People Partners, for non-standard benefits and pension queries
- work with the SB Rewards platform provider, ensuring the platform is being used effectively and driving additional functionality with our supplier
- support the pension allowance process to ensure correct payments
- work with the Payroll team to run audits to ensure compliant and correct payments
- provide benchmarking for roles in both the UK and US, and provide recommendations
- manage the annual salary review, bonus payment and equity grant under guidance from the Global Head of Reward
- ensure managers and People Partners understand our salary administration guidance
- manage our employee recognition platform, Kudo$sh, and support recognition activity with business-wide initiatives
- delivering appropriate ad-hoc projects that support the continuing growth and development of Reward at Simply Business
- supporting the Head of Reward in establishing and embedding a People Analytics approach
- helping our People Partners develop their understanding of compensation and benefits
- using analytics to support decision making and reporting
- ensuring invoices are processed on time
- supporting, and at times leading, on ad-hoc compensation projects
- providing coaching and guidance to the People Ops team, ensuring a culture of continuous development and learning around benefits
- working with data protection, InfoSec and legal colleagues to ensure all documentation for suppliers is compliant and up-to-date
- providing analytics to support decision making, as needed
What we’re looking for:
- impeccable focus on, and attention to, detail
- no fear with asking for help
- a sleeves-rolled-up, get-involved attitude
- a solutions person
- good understanding of UK benefits and taxes
- new ideas, and willingness to share them
- advanced Excel skills
- ability to help non-specialist people understand Comp & Benefits
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences