Social Media Manager
Marketing – Brand Marketing
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We’re looking for an expert Social Media Manager to develop, own, and execute the Simply Business social media strategy.
Reporting into the Head of Digital Content and Communications, the role will play a crucial part in the growth of the Simply Business brand and work closely with the wider digital comms team to engage our audience with targeted content and campaigns.
As a Social Media Manager you will:
- set the standard for what brilliant, effective, and engaging social media marketing looks like at Simply Business
- continuously test new platforms and formats, keeping Simply Business at the cutting edge of the latest social trends
- define, measure, and report on key social KPIs
- pair with our Brand Community Manager to ensure a consistent and engaging social experience for our customers and wider audience
- run paid social activity – contributing to brand awareness and performance metrics
- work closely with our Copy and Content Manager to create and distribute platform-specific content that drives business and team objectives
- identify relevant influencers and communities to partner with
- collaborate with key stakeholders to devise a social media crisis plan, befitting of a company of our size and ambition
- regularly explore new audiences, platforms, and distribution opportunities
- manage our key social partnerships and relationships – working with external parties to drive the best results possible
- drive consistency and brilliance in all Simply Business social media activity
- translate wider marketing campaigns into effective social activity
- be a key champion of the power of social media marketing internally
- devise and expertly execute social-first campaigns
We’re looking for someone who:
- has their finger firmly on the pulse when it comes to the ever-evolving world of social
- is a digital and social native, with an innate ability to effectively translate wider campaigns into brilliant social success
- has a flair for writing, and is able to craft excellent, on-brand social copy
- is passionate about ensuring that customers have a great experience and perception of Simply Business, through a consistent social presence
- has experience and expertise in running paid social activity
- pairs creativity with a data-driven approach
- has excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management, enabling you to work with multiple stakeholders at varying levels
- is an expert in social media marketing – understanding its power and importance to the wider digital marketing mix
- has an entrepreneurial spirit, with a drive to contribute new ideas
- has experience reporting on key social metrics and KPIs
- is a proven specialist in the nuances of social communication
- is able to handle multiple projects – and meet new challenges – with composure, confidence, and positivity
- relishes autonomy and values productivity
- understands the small business and landlord audience – a bonus but not essential
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
We also have a great deal more to pick and mix from, with things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences