Learning and Development Facilitator
London, United Kingdom
People – People Team
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 400,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need a Learning and Development Facilitator to join us in London.
Learning is one of our core values, and the Simply Business L&D team want to make sure that all of our SB’ers have access to the best possible personal development and training opportunities, both inside and out of their role.
We have bold plans for 2019 and exciting initiatives to launch from e-learning to a cutting edge on-boarding programme and this role will play a pivotal role in the success of this project, helping others start their career with us at Simply Business
As a Facilitator you will:
- Be responsible for inducting all our new hires to Simply Business in an inspiring and energetic way
- Be responsible for the delivery and development of content to help our new starters navigate the business and our culture in their first week
- Gather data to measure success of the onboarding program and be agile with important changes
- Support managers’ understanding of the principles of a good orientation and provide assistance and advice to make sure the first 90 days (and beyond!) of an employee’s time with us is exceptional
- Liaise with the L&D team team to share knowledge, frameworks and ways of working in order to continuously improve and align our training offering globally
- Facilitate sessions and meetings to help teams work together
- Work closely with our Talent Experience team and a wide range of departments so the onboarding process is seamless and memorable
- Delivering training content with real impact and energy
- Creating an induction environment that is inclusive and reflective of our culture
- Bringing out the best in your delegates and inspiring them with your exceptional facilitation skills
- Working with the wider team to make sure everything is in place to ensure a seamless induction experience from systems to culture
- Learning about our technology and using this to support the training and the delegate experience
- Keeping up to date with company updates and initiatives and therefore making sure the induction is always current
What we are looking for:
- A skilled facilitator with extensive experience of delivering inductions and facilitating group discussions
- A style of delivery that is dynamic, energetic and inspiring
- Someone who can take information and content and use it to create engaging training materials
- A facilitator who is comfortable delivering two inductions per month and can deliver these with real energy
- Someone who has experience of measuring success and using the data to shape changes and updates
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences