Senior Product Manager
London, United Kingdom
Product – Customer and Consultant Journeys
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need a Senior Product Manager to join us in London.
As a member of one of our digital product teams, you will be key to growing your product area and outcomes, by leading a team through experimentally-driven discovery – establishing what the right thing to build is – to implementation and beyond.
It’s an exciting time to join as we take our existing products and evolve them to unlock new growth and opportunities. This role is critical in establishing what those opportunities are and delivering the right changes to meet them.
What you will be doing:
- As a member of one of our product teams, you will be key to growing your product area and outcomes, by leading a team through experimentally-driven discovery – establishing what the right thing to build is – to implementation and beyond.
- It’s an exciting time to join as we take our existing products and evolve them to unlock new growth and opportunities. This role is critical in establishing what those opportunities are and delivering the right changes to meet them.
- As a Senior Product Manager you will own one or more products and be responsible for leading the full life-cycle of them, owning the vision, strategy and roadmap. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations.
- Working closely with Tech, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we're building the right things for customers of your products. Your partners in Tech are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things - it’s one team!
- Your experimentally-driven mindset will challenge the team to look for opportunities and validate the key product risks (value, usability, feasibility, business) as cheaply and quickly as possible – and typically without the need to build a line of code. Working closely with your cross-functional team you must be able to deliver multiple prototype iterations tested with real customers every week.
Finding and managing opportunities, you will:
- Be an expert in applying appropriate experimental techniques to assess the value, usability, feasibility and business risks of the customer and business problems you and your team are trying to solve
- work with your customers to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth
- rapidly build knowledge of your domain and assess opportunities
- be inspired by new technology, competitors/like-minded businesses, future thinking, and more to suggest opportunities to improve Simply Business
- take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to define the strategy & direction for your Products.
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across entire product portfolio
- Define KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Manage relationships with any 3rd parties related to your product
Customer focused product design, you will:
- lead product discovery to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers – supported by data and evidence – as quickly and cheaply as possible…
- …using a rigorous and rapid experimentally-driven approach calling on a wide range of experimental techniques to prove or refute the customer need and the solutions being proposed
- lead the team to be testing ideas and prototypes with customers every week
- lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes
- work with the business, technical and product teams to understand needs of your customers
- champion solutions that work for the customer and the business
- define use cases and user journeys
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences