Senior Insurance Product Manager
London, United Kingdom
Product – Insurance Product
Full-time, Part-time or Job share
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need a Senior Product Manager to join us in London. This opportunity is open to full time, part time or people who may want to job share.
The Insurance Product team is focussed on connecting the dots between the insurance needs of our customers and products from insurers in the market. The team owns what we sell and is responsible for selecting, designing, developing, implementing and managing the range of insurance products we offer.
The team works with people across the business, some key partnerships include Claims, Customer Insight, Insurer Relations, Marketing & Acquisition, Operations, Underwriting, Partnerships & Distribution, and Digital Product. The primary measures used to judge success in the Insurance Products Team are: customer quotability, customer uptake and successful customer outcomes when using our products and the team is accountable for delivering results on these.
As a Senior Product Manager you will:
- lead what we sell: Proactively engage with stakeholders to set the direction of your product, defining the Insurance Product strategy and roadmap, ensuring alignment to strategic priorities across the business
- explore customer problems and appraise opportunities (with stakeholders before committing to them) to drive great customer experiences and growth
- use customer and data insight from, the market, our sales funnel, competitors, and claims to inform prioritisation
- take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, defining target KPIs to measure the success of your product
- provide leadership and support as a subject matter expert in Liability and Property insurance for initiatives in how we sell: Championing solutions that work for customers in an insurance context
- be responsible for Insurance Product decision making, prioritisation and delivery: Working closely with Assistant Product Managers to deliver insurance product changes
- be dedicated to delivering the maximum impact with the minimum effort, releasing value early wherever possible, creating a sense of urgency and momentum
- ensure stakeholders are kept up to date and we deliver in an efficient manner, breaking down changes into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery
- deliver solutions in an agile way by: writing user stories and acceptance criteria, planning delivery sprints and coordinating across the business with key stakeholders and other teams
- monitor and measure the success of your Insurance Product, managing and leading decision on future iterations, feeding into insurer panel management
- drive continuous improvement to ensure that we’re meeting the needs of our customers, ensuring our insurance products are suitable, and delivered in an easy to understand format
- empowerment and learning are important to us. You’ll have autonomy to make decisions on what we execute on while being accountable for results, ultimately playing a pivotal role in driving our continued success
We are looking for someone who:
- cares deeply about customers
- champions and loves learning, both through and with others
- is talented and well versed commercially
- who loves collaboration, compromises in the right way and has experience in leading vard groups to swift decisions
- can change gears and adapt in a fast paced environment
- demonstrates ownership, responsiveness – a bias to action, and commitment
- proactively keeps abreast of industry developments and related domains bringing a fresh perspective, challenging insurance industry dogma
- possesses leadership skills to influence our direction, decisions and execution
- is passionate about what they do and is excited about the way we work
- extensive experience in delivering a great insurance product – where you had a hands-on decision making role in building / running one or more products sold digitally
- a track record of making trade-off calls on prioritisation – being able to demonstrate great decision making using data and evidence driven significant improvement in your product – from ideation to live with measurable success across defined KPIs
- effectively worked with senior business leaders / stakeholders outside of your immediate team to facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions
- identified, driven and delivered on improvements to a digital customer experience within a financial services environment
- influenced decisions taken at a more senior level to drive results forward
- excellent technical insurance knowledge – you must be technically competent in how insurance markets and products work (e.g. underwriting principles and risk selection)
- excellent negotiation, persuasion and analytical skills e.g. financial modelling, forecasting and experience of analytics platforms
- fast prioritisation and decision-making skills, especially when faced with tradeoffs
- strong stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- strong problem-solving skills, motivated to take on challenges with minimal direction
- extensive experience with e-commerce teams using agile software product development
- several years experience in commercial insurance lines or in a complex insurance domain
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences