London, United Kingdom
Finance – Finance
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need a FPA Analyst to join us in Northampton or London.
As a team we are responsible for driving business growth and profitability by working with our business stakeholders to identify financial and commercially viable risks and opportunities. We do this through commercially focused month-end reporting, developing strategic business plans and collaborating on business cases for new initiatives. As a business we believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures, so we keep our start-up roots and entrepreneurialism at our heart, giving us the opportunity to support on new and innovative projects.
As a FP&A Analyst
- prepare monthly reporting and variance analysis for P&L, balance sheet and cash flow to identify and explain performance against budget and forecast.
- ensure an accurate and timely monthly reporting cycle through managing the accruals process and cost centre analysis.
- prepare financial and business-related KPI analysis for revenue and cost performance against budget, forecast and prior year.
- support development of financial models used for commercial opportunities and internal change projects.
- develop and maintain the financial reporting systems to mirror a continually changing business.
- be a key player in the budget process by supporting the budget modelling and providing insightful analysis on projections.
What we are looking for:
- two years’ experience working in a finance team (ideally FP&A).
- someone who is training towards a finance qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- strong Excel and modelling skills and an analytical mind.
- a self-starter, someone who is highly motivated and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- the ability and desire to problem solve.
What we can offer:
- a range of company benefits (as detailed on the following page).
- support towards your finance qualification.
- the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing business that constantly presents opportunities to learn and develop a broad range of skills.
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences