Head of Paid Search Acquisition
Marketing – Acquisition Marketing
A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Similarly, please email us if you’re not well, you’re self-isolating, or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one below.
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
One of our most important channels for attracting new small business and landlord customers. We need an experienced leader to continue to drive the significant success we’ve had with PPC. Reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing, you’ll be responsible for the PPC, Google Display Network and affiliate channels focusing on in-market opportunities. Success will be measured against growth and improved ROI of these channels.
As a Head of Paid Search Acquisition you’ll:
- be responsible for strategy and overall management of the UK and US PPC accounts
- manage a team of five channel specialists and coordinate activity throughout the wider team
- have overall responsibility for bid management tools and technology to facilitate PPC activities in terms of strategy and implementation
- oversee the strategies for Display and RLSA activities, with an objective to grow efficiencies, working with the Audience team
- set the strategy for the affiliate channel and ensure end-to-end tracking and correct fulfilment of affiliate commissions
- set budget and reforecast numbers in line with overall company strategy
- work closely with the Head of Digital Marketing to report overall marketing and channel specific numbers to stakeholders to track all performance throughout the funnel
- work with the Partnership team to realign partner PPC activities to optimise funnel performance for those partners
- reviewing channel performance and driving efficiencies
- overseeing the testing schedule to drive performance and innovation, participating in many beta opportunities and cutting-edge trials
- working with Product Managers, Customer Insight and Compliance, to ensure the team works at its best alongside other teams, with our customers at heart
- liaising with third party providers like Google, Bing, Adthena and agencies like Brainlabs, to facilitate growth and efficiencies
- managing a team of five, working closely with key contributors in Data Science, Operations (Contact Centre Team Managers), Marketing (across other channels), Product and Development (Marketing tech lead)
What we’re looking for:
- at least seven years’ experience in SEM
- experience of managing £10m+ annual budgets
- experience of managing international accounts (UK and US)
- a proven track record in account development and optimisation
- an in-depth knowledge of channel optimisation and testing techniques and measurement
- a strong people manager who invests in their team, with a focus on learning and development
- an understanding of financial services and recurring revenue stream models, and life-time value assessment
- experience of offline conversion models and the attribution challenges they present
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
We also have a great deal more to pick and mix from, with things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences