Digital Marketing Manager - Tech and Analysis
London, United Kingdom
Marketing – Acquisition Marketing
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Digital Marketing Manager - Tech and Analysis to join us in London.
This role in the marketing team will be a key link to our growing range of product and data teams, which develop digital solutions to serve and understand our customers.
With a market-leading marketing team in place, we need tools and customer experiences to remain at the forefront of customer acquisition in this increasingly competitive market.
The role will work with the marketing channel managers to identify development and analytical needs and priorities, build business cases for their progression, and liaise with product and data teams for their discovery, testing, deployment and iteration.
As a Marketing Analysis & Tech Manager you’ll:
- Manage the capability development requirements for the Simply Business marketing team
- Work with a newly formed marketing product team to develop new marketing capabilities
- Work with CRM and data teams to develop our multi-channel communications platform
- Identify marketing opportunities and considerations in new business initiatives and connect product teams with marketing channel specialists
- Ensure suitable fulfilment of all incentive promotions, from tracking to delivery
- Build commercially viable business cases for new initiatives and analyse and communicate performance
- Being the first point of call for product teams to identify and receive marketing input and support
- Understanding the objectives and strategies of all marketing channels and communicating them to all product teams
- Agreeing marketing development priorities with the Marketing Product Manager and ensuring projects have suitable marketing channel expertise available
- Ensuring proposed solutions deliver achievable ROI and are prioritised accordingly
- Ensuring data and execution capabilities are aligned to strategic requirements with the data team
What we are looking for:
- Strong understanding and experience of digital channel marketing processes and strategies including PPC, SEO, CRM, CRO, content marketing and content management systems, and social (agency or client-side cross-channel experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of the requirements of marketing platforms and the data and usability considerations when exploring new solutions
- A commercial and analytical approach – understanding of marketing KPIs and how to apply them to performance forecasting and analysis
- Understanding of the Agile development process and principles
- Experience of optimisation testing frameworks and continual improvement via Build, Measure, Learn approaches
- Understanding of the MarTech platform landscape and their various applications
- Strong organisational and communications skills and management of multiple stakeholders
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences