1st Line Service Desk Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Technology – Systems
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We need a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer to join the BizOps team in our London office.
We are responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining an international multi-site IT Infrastructure
- Providing day-to-day IT support for all Simply Business employees
- Investing in and implementing new technologies to improve the experience, reliability and security of our IT services
As a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer you will:
- Be working in a team of Service Desk engineers supporting Simply Business employees with day-to-day IT queries, enabling them to do their jobs effectively
- Have the ability and willingness to help the BizOps IT team reach new heights, being ready to contribute to major culture change
- Provide hands-on and remote IT support to all Simply Business employees situated in both the UK and the US
- Be experienced in face-to-face desktop support with a logical approach to problem solving
- Help drive self-service, automation and empowerment across the business
- Acting as the first point of contact for all BizOps related questions, queries and incidents raised via the official support channels, ensuring these channels are monitored and responded to in a timely manner throughout core business hours
- Ensuring that all incidents and service requests are correctly logged, acknowledged and defined as per incident management and request fulfilment process
- Performing initial troubleshooting and support for all Simply Business IT requests
- Performing access management of existing and leaving staff members
- Performing daily meeting room AV checks and supporting all meeting room equipment, escalating when needed
- Escalating incidents and requests in accordance with incident management processes
- Performing weekly and monthly administration, such as a quarterly BAU stock review and housekeeping audits
- Acting in a professional manner in terms of housekeeping, punctuality, communication
What we are looking for (required skills and experience):
- Administration of GSuite (user accounts, groups and core apps)
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment
- One year of hands-on experience provisioning, supporting and managing Apple MacBooks and MacOS
- One year of hands-on experience provisioning, supporting and managing Dell laptops and Windows 10
- Hands-on experience using service management and project management tools (Zendesk, Trello)
Desired skills and experience:
- Hands-on experience provisioning MacBooks using JAMF
- Supporting meeting room AV equipment and Zoom video conferencing software
- Using Cisco Meraki management and administration
- Deploying, supporting and managing Chromebooks and ChromeOS
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences