London, United Kingdom
Product – Global Platform
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
This role would suit an experienced Product Manager with a technical background and a focus on driving commercial results. You
fundamentally understand that technology is a tool to enable business success and it is not the business itself. You are as comfortable
discussing your product in a room of engineers as you are in a room of marketers and salespeople.
Far from fulfilling a musty insurance stereotype, we’ve created a colourful, collaborative working environment. In our head office in central London you will find a casual dress code, flexible working hours, and an open plan office.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. Because we
believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and give our
employees the freedom and support to pursue what they’re interested in.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Be well versed in applying appropriate experimental techniques to assess the value, usability, feasibility and business risks of the customer and business problems you and your team are trying to solve
- Actively work with your customers to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth (as opposed to being told what to do by someone)
- Be inspired by new technology, competitors/like-minded businesses, future thinking, and more to suggest opportunities to improve Simply Business
- Customer focused product design:
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across entire product portfolio
- Work with the business, technical and product teams to understand the needs of your customers
- Lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes and define KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Manage relationships with any 3rd parties related to your product
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Delivery and Launch:
- Break down your deliverables into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery, releasing value early wherever possible
- Work in close partnership with your team’s Technical lead to prioritise and set the team direction, creating a sense of urgency and momentum
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product
- Product Management Practice:
- Provide leadership to continuously improve product management practice in your area
- Proactively keep up to date with latest developments in product management thinking, process and techniques Champion Build Measure Learn, creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the product management discipline, especially in discovery and delivery methodologies.
- Contribute towards hiring first rate product managers for your function and across SB
We are looking for someone:
- With a technical background able to drive the evolution of technical products with a focus on iteratively delivering business value.
- With excellent communication skills able to translate complex technical solutions into simple terms
- With good commercial acumen
- With experience using a variety of experimental methods to assess the key product risks of value, usability, feasibility and business
- With extensive experience working with agile teams
- Who demonstrates ownership, responsiveness – a bias to action, and commitment
- With demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- With experience developing complex products through full life cycle
- With excellent stakeholder management and facilitation skills
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences