London, UK /
People – People Partnering /
We’re Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 800,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We harness cutting-edge data ability, believe in experimentation, and build our own technology to deliver better experiences for our customers and employees. This means we’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
If Simply Business sounds like the kind of place you’ll thrive, we’d love to hear from you.
We're looking for a People Partner to join the People team from our London hub.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- leading the development and execution of strategic, high-impact people initiatives and plans for your area that are aligned with company objectives
- being an active member of your business partner’s leadership teams, as well as a member of the People Team
- focusing on the development of leadership skills and emotional intelligence across your area
- supporting your business partners in managing transformation and change
- providing insightful people-related data to guide decision-making and solution development
- coaching and mentoring all leaders in your area when required
- leading the design and delivery of innovative, revolutionary, and high-impact solutions for our people
- making sure we’re managing our talent effectively
- partnering with other People Team members, especially our Employee Relations and Learning and Development teams on talent management. Making sure there’s a seamless delivery of our people strategy and people products
We're looking for someone who is:
- excited to work with Product and Tech and has experience working across different countries
- able to show a deep understanding of the specific business objectives and talent needs of Tech and Product like headcount, competencies, and people challenges
- passionate about business impact – a People Partner that understands the strategic value people professionals have in delivering a business’s key objectives
- experienced as a People Partner with proven strategic skills – you’ll have a track record of developing high-impact strategies and plans
- able to show a track record of designing and delivering innovative solutions using your creative and critical thinking
- commercially aware with great business judgment
- experienced in most of the following areas: organisational design, succession planning, performance management, business consulting, talent development, talent management, data analysis, and ideally some experience in employee relations
- data-driven in their approach to all decision-making and delivery – the ability to analyse data, understand trends, and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- an excellent communicator with great consulting skills that can build relationships with a complex set of stakeholders
A few more details about the role:
- as a people partner for Tech and Product, you’ll use your deep understanding of the Product and Tech objectives to provide expert insight and leadership around all things people-related. This includes people strategy and planning, organisational health, and talent management
- you’ll partner with cross-functional groups of subject-matter experts to design and execute the strategy and plans for our people
Our culture is inclusive and diverse
We Embrace Individuality We value what’s important to each and every SBer. Whether that be providing access to cutting edge wellbeing support, or being part of one of our many diversity networks and communities. We also take personal development seriously - we’re all about enabling big dreams.
We Trust Who We Hire We empower SBers with choice and flexibility to make the right decisions based on the needs of their roles and we’ve been working this way long before Covid19.
There’s no one-size-fits all solution when it comes to how often we get together in person, so all of our people and teams find the rhythm that suits them best when it comes to working from home or hub.
We’re innovative We've created a place for people to be curious, experience new things, and bring unique ideas to the table. If you want to learn how we do all this - head over to our Careers page where you’ll see us walk the talk
Our mission is to make Simply Business synonymous with fairness, belonging and inclusivity. We won’t be happy until we’ve created a truly inclusive culture – where every employee, whatever their background, role, or location, feels comfortable being their authentic self at work.
We all have a part to play – to learn more, to do more and to go further – in building this new reality that’ll be befitting of the diversity of the customers we serve. At Simply Business, we’re all in.
What are the benefits?
At Simply Business, our benefits let you balance life and work properly:
• flexible parental leave – you can choose to take shared parental leave, plus we offer full pay for the first six months of your maternity leave and four-week fully paid paternity leave, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria
• remote working – more of us are currently working remotely than usual, but longer-term you can balance working remotely with working in the office, giving you the opportunity to connect with colleagues
• mental health and wellbeing resources – we take your wellbeing seriously, giving you access to counselling (through our Employee Assistance Programme) as well as technology to support your mental health (through the Unmind app)
• paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here for five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here for 10, 15 & 20 years
• a dedicated learning platform – including a management and leadership programme – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals
• life event leave – where every UK SBer has an extra day of leave, every two years, to use for whatever purpose they want, whether that be for moving house, welcoming a new pet to your household or celebrating your Birthday.
And we compensate you fairly:
• a competitive salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• the potential to earn an annual bonus based on business performance (those on commission-led roles will be rewarded monthly)
• we match what you put into your pension up to five per cent
• a health cash plan reimburses your everyday medical expenses (with the opportunity to increase the level of your plan in your flexible benefits)
• a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an extra day of holiday every two years to use however you wish
• life assurance of four times of your basic salary
• Smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP
• a flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
These values are important to us and our people
These all mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re thinking about working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.