Group Change – Group Change
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place to work.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston, USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
Working in our Group Change team you will be supporting the business to
deliver programmes of change, including strategic planning and ensuring effective change management
As a Programme Manager you will:
- At the forefront of strategic delivery across Simply Business
- Self-motivated with a desire to lead teams through delivery
- Naturally organised with the ability to break down challenges and drive delivery
- A proactive and dynamic problem solver
- An excellent communicator who prioritises delivery through strong relationships over bureaucracy
- Commercially aware to drive best business outcomes
- Build and nurture key relationships with department leads and other stakeholders
- Partner with the business to play a pivotal coordination and planning point for departmental change
- Forecast, plan and manage large scale change programmes using best practice principles, adapted to Simply Business needs and culture
- Manage the process for determining the scope and scale of work, triage and prioritisation of projects
- Effectively track, manage and communicate risks and issues impacting change
- Provide clear communication and reporting of all change progress, prioritisation, risks & issues to programme and departmental stakeholders, as well as the Simply Business management team
- Working closely with the Internal operational teams to ensure change programmes are effectively communicated to both our people and our customers
- Track the value of programme deliverables against agreed targets and budget
What we are looking for:
- 5+ year experience of Project and Programme Management, preferably in a regulated environment
- Experience of traditional and agile delivery methodologies and tools
- Experience of transformational change management in mid cap organisations
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skill set
- Experience of strategic decision making
- Experience of budgetary management
- Experience of managing supplier relationships
- Experience of working with product teams in a product-centric environment
- Experience of working in a fintech business
- Recognised Programme or Project Management qualifications such as PRINCE2, PMP, Agile/CSM. Etc.
- Educated to a degree level, preferably in a business discipline
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
We also have a great deal more to pick and mix from, with things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences