People – People Team
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be directly supporting the US Management Team (excluding our CEO and COO) providing high quality administrative support to our growing business and ensuring the day-to-day activities of the office run smoothly. The Administrative Assistant wears many hats and the ability to multi-task is critical. The best fit for this role will be someone with high energy, a strong sense of drive and integrity and someone who truly wants to learn and develop. This role has exposure to many different components of our business both in the US and in the UK. Qualified candidates will have a strong sense of urgency, strong organizational skills, a can-do proactive personality, the ability to challenge processes when things just don’t make sense and the willingness to step in and help out wherever is required.
- Provide first class day to day administrative support for our US Senior Management Team (7 people at the moment) which includes managing calendars, booking international travel, processing expenses, and assisting with presentations.
- Provide friendly and professional first line support to all colleagues, escalating where necessary
- Assist in organizing and coordinating team events, charity and cultural programs as well as facilitating all hands meetings, off-sites and company wide meetings with other areas of the business.
What we are looking for:
- Track record of success in an administrative role is essential
- Previous experience of working with people across varied backgrounds and experience
- Comfortable working with numbers, schedules, budgets and deadlines.
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team, and prioritize to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a “see a need, fill a need” attitude.
- Motivation to learn, ask questions, accept coaching and strive for continuous improvement.
- Desire to grow as a self-starter within an exciting, fast-paced startup.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple calendars and schedule simultaneously.
- Passion and enthusiasm for making Simply Business the best place to work in Boston (this is what we can’t teach!)
- Someone who is excited about the way we work.
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences