Junior Account Manager
London, United Kingdom
Commercial – Commercial
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 500,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
We’re looking for a Junior Account Manager to join our growing Partnerships team, as we expand into new sectors and realise new partnership opportunities. A results-driven, commercially aware, agile and passionate team member will help us achieve our team goals and support the ongoing growth of the business.
If you want to develop a career in commercial partnerships and you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Junior Account Manager you will:
- support the effective management of key partnership accounts – defining, developing and delivering account plans to achieve budget targets
- deliver best-in-class relationship management to our external partners
- report and analyse account performance and identify incremental opportunities
- prepare meeting packs, pitches, proposals and other sales materials
- work closely with internal teams across the business to deliver partner development initiatives
- perform market analysis to support new business, creating prospect pipelines in our target sectors
- communicate partnership updates across the business
We’re looking for:
- experience working in a commercial partnerships/sales environment, ideally within an insurance or other financial services (FS) business
- good management and understanding of data and MI reporting, and how this can contribute towards maximising account performance
- someone who’s results-driven, commercially-minded and confident, able to spot new opportunities and emerging trends
- excellent organisation skills, and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- strong interpersonal skills – you’ll be comfortable developing internal and external relationships
- great written communication, presentation and analytical skills
- a true team player, who likes to have fun!
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences