Senior Human Resources Business Partner
People – People Team
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
As members of the People Team, we are the champions of our greatest strategic asset: Our People. We are passionate about driving business impact and delivering an exceptional employee experience.
As a Senior HRBP, you are integrated into your designated business areas where you will leverage your deep understanding of the business objectives to provide expert insight and leadership around all things people-related, including people strategy and planning, organizational health and talent management. You will partner with cross-functional groups of subject-matter People Team experts to design and execute the strategy and plans for our people.
As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner you will:
- Drive business impact adding strategic value and delivering on business objectives
- Have a deep understanding of the specific business objectives and talent needs (i.e. headcount, competencies, people challenges etc.) of your area
- Lead the development and execution of a high impact people strategies and plans for your areas that are aligned to company, business and People team objectives
- Serve as the liaison from the business to the larger People team
- Provide counsel to your business partners on high impact events that require transformation Be an active and trusted member of your business partner’s leadership team, as well as a member of the People Team
- Provide insightful people-related data and analytics to guide decision making and solution development
- Coach and mentor all team members for your area, as required
- Lead the design and delivery of innovative, revolutionary and high impact (measured) solutions for our people
- Take ownership of the design of the US People Partnering service model including direct management of other People Partners
- Partner with the Employee Relations Team on ER issues, ensuring that the appropriate expert actively responds to and addresses concerns
- Passion for driving business impact – understanding the strategic value the People team has in delivering on business’s key objectives
- Experience as a management consultant and/or MBA degree or equivalent experience with proven strategic skills; a proven track record of developing high impact strategies and plans
- Demonstrated experience of supporting scale - ideally experience supporting a growing technology business and/or product teams
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen Track record of designing and delivering innovative solutions using your creative and critical thinking skills
- Some experience in most of the following areas: organizational design, succession planning, performance management, business consulting, talent development, talent management, data analysis, and ideally some experience in employee relations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills - the ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Ability to take a data-driven and agile approach to all decision-making and delivery and to measure the impact of your program and activities and iterate as required
- Excellent communication and consulting skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/