Global Head of Learning and Development
London, United Kingdom
People – People Team
Technology. Award-winning customer service. Bleeding-edge data ability.
Simply Business is a new type of insurance company, using all of the above to create the best possible insurance experience for small businesses and self-employed people.
We love working here, and have even taken the number one spot in the Sunday Times Best Company To Work For 2015 and 16 lists; we’ve stopped entering now to focus on a few bigger projects, but you get the idea.
It’s a great place towork.
There are currently over 400,000 active Simply Business insurance policies in the UK alone. And we have offices in London, Northampton and Boston,USA.
Talking of offices, ours are bright, airy and geared up for really smart working. We’re flexible, with plenty of remote workers coming in and out, and we believe work and life should be hand in hand, rather than a juggling act. So no need to worry about school pick-ups, or a horrible commute.
Our people are our most important asset, so we focus on building a working life that helps us thrive, not stick. Join us and you’ll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
As members of the People Team, we are the champions of our greatest strategic asset: Our People. We are passionate about driving business impact and delivering an exceptional employee experience.
As the Global Head of Learning and Development, you are responsible for setting the strategic direction for talent development globally across Simply Business. You will lead a team that is responsible for ensuring that our employees have the tools and learning & development opportunities to deliver high impact at work and continually grow themselves as individuals and leaders. It is essential that you deliver learning and development programmes that are innovative and can scale as we grow both locally and internationally.
As the Global Head of Learning and Development, you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of a high impact global talent development strategy, that is aligned with both the UK and US talent development strategies and business objectives
- Lead the development and implementation of a global transformational leadership program to develop both current and future leaders who are equipped to lead SB through the challenges of the ‘future of work’
- Lead the expansion of a transformational talent development agenda into new territories as required
- Lead the investigation and recommendation for the implementation of a global LMS system - work with the team to identify and where appropriate implement self-service tools to help our employees continue to grow and perform
- Lead and support a global team of talent development professionals within the Global People Team in the delivery of high impact, scalable end-end learning and development plans that support the delivery of the business objectives
- Lead plans to develop and implement a global coaching program in order to enhance performance and engagement across the organization
- Ensure that we are tracking, analyzing and reporting on performance of our tools and programs and that we are constantly optimizing for impact
- Foster a culture of long-term learning and development across the organization as we think about the ‘future of work’
- Ensure that we are innovating in the areas of diversity and inclusion
- You are a champion of the Simply Business culture
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about business impact – a learning and development professional who understands the strategic value a People team has in delivering key business objectives
- You have worked as a senior learning and development professional with a track record of leading global talent development strategies and delivering high impact, innovative and revolutionary learning & development strategies and programs across multiple locations
- You have a track record of delivering transformational leadership programs
- You have experience of leading high impact learning and development teams
- You have experience as a coach and have a track record of leading and delivering high impact coaching strategies and programs
- You have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills - the ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for actions based on the analysis
- You have excellent communication and consulting skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders
- You have experience of working in agile/lean environments
- You have the ability to travel internationally as needed
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
• life assurance (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
• a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• an extra day off if you get married or move house
• an automatic enrollment pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
• a full gym membership
• private medical insurance
• extra days annual leave
• shopping vouchers
• dental insurance
• travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, eye test vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretchthemselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customerstime andeffort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences