Want to join one of the fastest growing tech companies in Australia? Sine is expanding rapidly and now is the perfect time to become part of our success story.
At Sine, we find solutions to everyday workplace issues. We thrive on helping the largest corporates, through to the local school, find an easier way to streamline their workplace with paperless, secure and easy to use solutions that save time.
Our mission is to make it really easy for visitors, contractors and staff to “check-in” using their smartphone, an iPad or the web to the everyday locations they attend. We want to make our customers operations safer and save visitors, contractors and staff valuable time. Sine has been rolled out to 1000’s of companies around the world and is used at locations such as schools, sports stadiums, offices, industrial, medical, retail and commercial facilities.
Sine is looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can help us build robust microservices in AWS. Most of our team are full stack engineers and work across our NodeJS and React projects.
What you'll do
- Advocate and champion modern best practices & techniques
- Apply expertise in developing back-end application and services in NodeJS.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Develop service-based architecture and designing persistence and caching models
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality
- Build a scalable, fault-tolerant and cost-effective architecture
- Automate builds and deployments of microservices
- Maintain security awareness around the solutions you implement and have a plan in place to secure these as part of the build out
- Manage zero downtime deployments which include database changes
What you'll need
- Understanding of how web applications work
- Deep understanding of programming patterns and concepts
- Understanding of Restful API design
- Understanding of Service oriented architecture, microservices
- Understanding of a few storage engines, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Solid understanding of what it takes to build a scalable system and techniques involved, e.g: Caching, monitoring, tracing, eventual consistency, queues, load balancing, etc.
- Experience with AWS
- You know what it takes to build highly scalable, concurrent and reliable software, that our thousands of daily active users (DAU's) can depend upon, always.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux.
- Understanding of containerisation and their orchestration (i.e: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS).
- NodeJS experience is a huge bonus but not an absolute must, as long as you're happy to work with it. We welcome people with in depth experience in C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, etc
- Have hands on experience with AWS services, including ECS, EC2, S3, RDS, SQS.
- Experience with operating microservices
- Proficiency in SQL
- You build it well - write quality, clean code that you will be happy to follow through with and maintain.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline (e.g: Jenkins, CodeDeploy, BitBucket Pipelines).
- GIT source control
What's on offer
- A fun yet hardworking team culture
- Monday to Friday office hours, great work-life balance
- Weekly team drinks and regular events
- Modern office conveniently located 5 minutes east of the CBD
- The opportunity to make a real impact within a fast-growing business
The people behind Sine are smart, creative and motivated to build enduring, robust and scalable products. We invest in quality at every stage of the process and are looking to invest in making the team faster and more impactful. We use the best bits of agile to keep the team highly aligned but loosely coupled and orientated to consistent results.
We operate entirely in the cloud and horizontally scale our services, we don’t run special versions for different customers - everyone runs on the same single codebase and we are going to keep it that way.
We started Sine in 2015 right here in Adelaide and have grown both rapidly and globally.
Adelaide is one of Australia’s best kept secrets and has an amazing climate and lifestyle including spectacular beaches, some of Australias best restaurants and the beautiful Adelaide Hills. We have 18 wine regions and are responsible for over 50% of the entire Australian wine production!
Our core engineering, product, sales, enterprise, operations and finance teams are based in a state of the art office 5 minutes east of the city.
If you’re looking for a place that’s got a great working culture, continual investment in product and people and is building a cool product in the cloud - please apply!