Junior Software Engineer
Software Engineering /
At Sine, we build better human experiences.
That’s what gets us moving every day — we thrive on helping the largest corporates through to the local school, around the world, find easier ways to streamline their workplace, through visitor, contractor, staff and asset management.
As a team, we are committed to being a part of a mission that matters. Striving to develop innovative, industry-leading solutions to everyday workplace challenges. We want to make our customers’ operations safer, simpler and more secure.
Sine has been rolled out to thousands of companies around the world and is used at locations such as schools, sports stadiums, offices, industrial, medical, retail and commercial facilities.
Sine is a part of Honeywell Connected Enterprise. Our head office is in Adelaide, South Australia and we have offices in Los Angeles, The Philippines and more to come!
Sine is looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our team at SineHQ in Adelaide. Working under guidance of one of Sine’s lead engineers, you’ll develop front-end and backend code across a range of projects.
This role would suit a recent graduate or a candidate with less than 2 years of relevant work experience
What you'll do
- Develop front-end solutions using React, CSS, HTML
- Develop back-end solutions using NodeJS, Express, Postgres, AWS
- Participate in code review sessions
- Attend scrum meetings for planning, retros, stand-ups
- Collaborate with tech lead, developers, and product owner to solve real world problems
What you'll have
- GPA >= 5.0
- University experience with a front-end framework (Vue, Angular, React)
- An understanding of HTML/CSS
- Good principles of software design and architecture
- Basic understanding of RESTFul API design
- An understanding of relational database concepts
- Familiarity with version control (preferably git)
- An understanding of Agile software development
- Eagerness to learn on the job and willingness to ask questions
The people behind Sine are smart, creative and motivated to build enduring, robust and scalable products. We invest in quality at every stage of the process and are looking to invest in making the team faster and more impactful. We use the best bits of agile to keep the team highly aligned but loosely coupled and orientated to consistent results.
We operate entirely in the cloud and horizontally scale our services, we don’t run special versions for different customers - everyone runs on the same single codebase and we are going to keep it that way.
We started Sine in 2015 right here in Adelaide and have grown both rapidly and globally.
Adelaide is one of Australia’s best kept secrets and has an amazing climate and lifestyle including spectacular beaches, some of Australia's best restaurants and the beautiful Adelaide Hills. We have 18 wine regions and are responsible for over 50% of the entire Australian wine production!
Our core engineering, product, sales, enterprise, operations and finance teams are based in a modern office 5 minutes east of the city.
If you’re looking for a great working culture at a company who continues to invest in its product, people and building a cool product in the cloud - please apply!