Want to join one of the fastest growing tech companies in Australia? Sine is expanding rapidly and now is the perfect time to become part of our success story.
At Sine, we find solutions to everyday workplace issues. We thrive on helping the largest corporates, through to the local school, find an easier way to streamline their workplace with paperless, secure and easy to use solutions that save time.
Our mission is to make it really easy for visitors, contractors and staff to “check-in” using their smartphone, an iPad or the web to the everyday locations they attend. We want to make our customers operations safer and save visitors, contractors and staff valuable time. Sine has been rolled out to 1000’s of companies around the world and is used at locations such as schools, sports stadiums, offices, industrial, medical, retail and commercial facilities.
As a DevOps Engineer at Sine, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of infrastructure to assist with the deployment and operations of Sine's cloud services using Terraform, AWS, CloudFormation, Bitbucket, Docker, ECS, Kubernetes and networking components.
We're looking for an enthusiastic dev-ops engineer who has experience as a developer, and is excited to build out reusable components for automation into AWS services.
What you'll do
- Design, build and maintain infrastructure ‘as code’ for our application platform.
- Maintain and improve developer experience though networking/routing and discovery
- Collaborate with our engineering teams to deliver, operate and monitor services
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and advise on architectural decisions through a deep understanding of systems internals.
- Build automation to execute common operations on various AWS services.
- Leverage experience to evaluate new offerings from AWS to advise and drive adoption.
- Keep an eye out for interesting open source projects we can leverage to make our platform better.
- Contribute to our infrastructure roadmap as we scale our platform.
- Contribute to and improve our test, build & deployment CI pipelines.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions.
What you'll have
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical qualification
- Practical experience developing software solutions using technologies like (Node.js, Postgres, Docker and ECS)
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (e.g: Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, BitBucket Pipelines, AWS Pipelines etc)
- Strong understanding of containerisation with technologies like (i.e: docker-compose, Kubernetes, ECS, Fargate).
- Experience with distributed logging, monitoring and alerting (e.g: NewRelic, Cloudwatch, ELK, Graphite, Statsd, Prometheus, Sumologic, Datadog).
- Experience with a range of storage engines (e.g: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Aurora, MongoDB, Redis) and know when each type is useful.
- Experience with AWS and it's best practices.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux Environments.
- Experience with building infrastructure as code with modern automation tools (e.g: Terraform, Cloudformation, etc).
- Understanding of how web applications work, from the underlying network protocols (HTTP, TCP) through to application (Apache, Nginx), browser behaviour and everything in between.
- Effective communication skills, via interactive mediums and documentation.
What's on offer
- A fun yet hardworking team culture
- Monday to Friday office hours, great work-life balance
- Weekly team drinks and regular events
- Modern office conveniently located 5 minutes east of the CBD
- The opportunity to make a real impact within a fast-growing business
The people behind Sine are smart, creative and motivated to build enduring, robust and scalable products. We invest in quality at every stage of the process and are looking to invest in making the team faster and more impactful. We use the best bits of agile to keep the team highly aligned but loosely coupled and orientated to consistent results.
We operate entirely in the cloud and horizontally scale our services, we don’t run special versions for different customers - everyone runs on the same single codebase and we are going to keep it that way.
We started Sine in 2015 right here in Adelaide and have grown both rapidly and globally.
Adelaide is one of Australia’s best kept secrets and has an amazing climate and lifestyle including spectacular beaches, some of Australias best restaurants and the beautiful Adelaide Hills. We have 18 wine regions and are responsible for over 50% of the entire Australian wine production!
Our core engineering, product, sales, enterprise, operations and finance teams are based in a state of the art office 5 minutes east of the city.
If you’re looking for a place that’s got a great working culture, continual investment in product and people and is building a cool product in the cloud - please apply!