Business Development Representative
Mountain View, CA (Remote) /
Singularity Programs – Enterprise /
Full-Time, Regular [Remote]
About Singularity Group
Singularity Group is a global organization that looks into the future to help leaders better understand how exponential technology will shape businesses and societies in the years ahead. Through a deeper understanding of the accelerated pace of change and the role that technology plays in it, these leaders create a tremendous positive impact that improves the well-being of people and the health of the planet. Over the past decade, Singularity has worked with more than 75,000 leaders drawn from corporations, nonprofits, governments, investors, and academia. With 250,000 impact-minded innovators across the Singularity network, 125 chapters and partners across six continents, and a strong digital presence, Singularity Group reaches millions of people each month. The organization has launched over 5,000 social impact initiatives and its alumni have started more than 200 companies.
Singularity Group is a Certified B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We seek to impact one billion lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to do work that matters and advance their creative career.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our companies offerings to potential clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up and conduct meetings or calls with (prospective) clients
- Report (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Fulfill (weekly/monthly/quarterly) pipeline and sales targets.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail orientated with the ability to work in a high paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Flexible working across international time zones.
- 2-3 years experience as a Business Development Representative or similar role
- Good co-working skills and ability to communicate clearly and proactively
- Experience working on a remote team a plus
- This is a full time, exempt position.
- The position reports to the VP, Enterprise.
- This is an individual contributor position with no supervisory responsibilities.
- The position's primary work location will be remote.
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
Unlimited Paid Time Off for all full-time exempt employees. Really.
Medical benefits with generous employer contributions, including dental, vision, voluntary life, and more.
Profit-sharing 401(k) available in pre-tax and Roth; or both.
Office-free onboarding and working practices that suit new realities, responsibilities, and schedules.
Monthly stipend which you can use toward anything: a fitness app, your dog-walker, even art supplies so you can find your zen. Whatever matters most to you.
Unlimited access to Singularity Group publications, webinars, and global digital community events.
Represent a Certified B Corporation and use our purpose-driven platform as a force for good.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable, and leaves no one behind.
We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our actions.
We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
We are exponential.
At Singularity Group, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of hundreds of thousands of leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Singularity family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.