Infrastructure Engineering Manager
Sirona’s mission is to make the highest quality healthcare available to everyone. We’re building a diagnostic engine that learns from and empowers the world’s most accurate radiologists–but enabling diagnosticians is just the beginning. Through our end-to-end workflow, we’re working to improve the quality and efficiency of the entire episode of care, simplifying the process of medicine and allowing doctors to focus on patients. We are interdisciplinary thinkers who are passionate about technology and medicine, and believe in the power of technology to protect and preserve human life. We’re in stealth mode and we’re hiring.
We’re looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer and leader to join as our Infrastructure Engineering Manager, to further empower our product development and artificial intelligence teams. You’ll create and maintain the tooling that our engineers use every day to deploy, manage, and monitor their code using tools like Terraform. Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and lead our fledgling Infrastructure and Operations team which is responsible for building and maintaining petabyte-scale machine learning environments, integrations into customer databases, data pipelines, 24x7 uptime, CI/CD workflow, and security.
As we're small, this role will start out fairly hands on (approx. 50/50) and will quickly transition to leadership as you grow your team. You’ll report directly to the CTO and set your own roadmap for growing and improving our infrastructure and operations teams with a focus on reliability, scalability, and security.
- Comfortable in a fast-changing environment (you'll be building the plane while you're flying it)
- 5+ years of infrastructure/operations/DevOps/SRE experience
- 2+ years management experience building and inspiring engineering teams and recruiting engineers
- Strong track record of working with application support including deploying, monitoring, and supporting high uptime systems
- Hands-on experience and expertise with platform engineering including PaaS and IaaS
- Experience with Protected Health Information (PHI) and/or HIPAA/SOC/ISO compliance
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud provider
- Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack, or similar tools
- Docker, Kubernetes, VirtualBox, VMware, or similar tools
- CircleCI, Jenkins, or similar CI/CD tools
- Experience working with data at scale (on the order of petabytes)
- Experience productionizing web applications & streamlining workflow with tools such as CI/CD, development/staging/production environments, etc.
- Participate in and play a critical role in Sirona’s executive team, helping to drive company strategy "at business scale"
- Define how Dev & Ops work together long-term
- Build out the application support team to achieve high uptime, including setting up continuous monitoring & observability dashboards
- Help define the "how" of how our remote platform engineering team executes on the "what"
- Articulate and design data platform to ingest (and aggregate) petabytes of data from disparate data sources
- Build machine learning & data science platforms to equip employees to analyze data
- Enforce strict data-security measures and guide-rails to minimize/eliminate the existential threat of a data breach
- Productionize web applications & streamline development workflow with CI/CD, development/staging/production environments, etc.
- Run, improve, and cost-optimize our growing AWS/GCP/Azure stack
- Oversee compliance certifications (HIPAA, ISO, SOC, etc.)
- Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k)
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and tech-talks
- Dynamic engineering role–technological innovation is at the core of our business
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals
- Do something morally benevolent!!