Director of People and Operations
San Francisco /
Operations/Sales/Biz Dev /
At Sirona Medical we’re building tools for physicians to work as fast as they can think. Many billions of patient images are acquired each year in the U.S., and nearly all of them are reviewed and diagnosed by a radiologist. In fact, 80% of healthcare data flows through radiology IT systems, and radiologists are among healthcare’s most tech-savvy and influential physicians. But they desperately need better, user-friendly software that cuts clicks and optimizes diagnostic time. Sirona is building a modern cloud-native and AI-powered operating system (“RadOS”) that unifies radiology IT onto a single, streamlined workspace. We’re a San Francisco, CA-based software company (with employees working from all over the U.S.) founded on a deep understanding of both the practice and business of radiology.
For more information, please visit www.sironamedical.com.
We are looking for a Director of People and Operations to help scale the company from 75 employees to 300 and beyond. In this role, you will be a trusted member of the leadership team and oversee our Talent and People strategy. You will create, implement, and manage the processes and systems encompassing all aspects of progressive and innovative People management and leadership.
You will be a broad-based, hands-on People leader with a track record of driving best practices throughout the organization - driving accountability into every aspect of the People function and the business it supports. The People team at Sirona owns the employee experience, from hiring and onboarding, to L&D, career development, and retention.
- Act as a strategic partner to leadership, creating workforce initiatives to support and promote business strategy
- Establish credibility throughout the company in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues
- Be a thought leader and champion of our culture, ensuring our mission and values are upheld and put into practice
- Oversee, develop and enhance core People functions, learning and development, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, performance management, employment law compliance, HRIS systems, safety, etc.
- Ensure progressive and competitive programs that incent, but also serve Sirona well from both a short and long-term perspective
- Participate in the development of the company’s plans and programs, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people
- Assist with guiding Sirona as it transitions from an early stage to a commercial stage company
- Partner with the Head of Talent Acquisition to ensure we consistently hit our hiring targets while providing an outstanding candidate experience
- Work closely with the leadership team to deliver on key initiatives and to create a world-class culture of inclusivity and connection in a remote environment
- Ensure all employees feel valued by celebrating wins both big and small, as well as doubling down on Learning & Development initiatives, career pathing, and equitable compensation practices
- Stay abreast of HR and legal developments. Ensure compliance and implement appropriate procedures accordingly. Liaise with internal and external legal counsel as needed on employment-related matters
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Proven track record of success in People and Operations at high growth technology companies
- Extensive experience in all aspects of HR including but not limited to: HRIS, employee policies, benefits, onboarding, employee relations, L&D, diversity, compensation etc.
- Prior experience managing company culture through periods of significant change with knowledge of current best practices and trends
- Experience taking complex People projects, strategies and programs from idea to successful execution
- Have developed and deployed tools for measuring employee engagement and directed efforts of the leadership team to address areas of concern
- Possess an excellent understanding of compensation systems, benefits and incentives to properly reward talent in a growing, dynamic company
- Have the ability to problem solve and perform as a crisis manager to deal with unforeseen legal, employee, and management problems
- Demonstrated experience leading globally distributed teams and scaling organizations
- High IQ, and even higher EQ
- Strong leadership skills and self-awareness to have the right influence on the leadership team and the rest of the company
- Strategic, but also tactical with a high sense of urgency and execution speed
- Ability to strike the right balance between results, simplicity, flexibility, and kindness
- You demonstrate a commitment to advancing representation and inclusion in and out of the workplace
- In-depth understanding of and ability to stay current with knowledge of both U.S. federal and state labor laws and regulations
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401K matching
- Apple equipment
- Sponsorship for conferences, continuing education, etc