Senior User Researcher
San Francisco /
Sirona Medical Inc. is addressing the needs of today’s radiology practices with a novel cloud-based platform that unifies radiology IT applications – worklist, viewer and reporter – onto a single, streamlined Workspace. Sirona’s radiology operating system (RadOS) puts radiologists in the driver’s seat with AI-powered solutions that simplify their workflow and amplify their work product. Based in San Francisco, CA, Sirona Medical is founded on a deep understanding of both the practice and business of radiology, with the goal of enabling radiologists to work as fast as they can think. For more information, please visit www.sironamedical.com.
We’re looking for a motivated, mixed-methods rockstar to join our growing team. As the first dedicated user research hire, you’ll be the de facto most senior member; helping to shape our processes and research methodologies, design and conduct qualitative, quantitative, generative, and evaluative research studies, and synthesize findings into share outs to be diffused throughout the organization. In this role, you'll build empathy and understanding of what our users need, while closely collaborating with designers, engineering, product management and various other functions daily.
- ±5 years of experience in user experience research and digital product design.
- Bachelor's, Masters, or PhD in a human behavior, human computer interaction, or related field (or equivalent/demonstrable work experience).
- Keen ability to uncover user needs, jobs to be done, opportunities, and pain points using mixed user research methodologies.
- Foundational understanding of best practices around qualitative and quantitative, discovery and evaluative research.
- You're comfortable performing all research-related tasks — including requirements gathering, planning, recruiting participants, executing, analyzing, creating deliverables, and forming solid product recommendations.
- Ability to clearly articulate your process and reasoning behind your decisions.
- You’re excited by the unique role that user research plays in AI and ML products.
- Bonus points if you’ve conducted research with medical professionals, and/or have worked on ML and AI-driven products.
- More bonus points if you have advanced prototyping skills and can help us translate design solutions into testable interactive prototypes at varying degrees of fidelity.
- Be a thought leader on how to use research and data to inform the product experience.
- Foster and grow User Research and a data driven product design culture.
- Work with stakeholders to understand existential questions and assumptions and plan, prioritize and facilitate a regular cadence of user research studies.
- Synthesize and present research findings to uncover themes and jobs to be done.
- Facilitate and participate in cross-functional design processes to identify and test novel solutions.
- Share synthesized findings regularly with the broader cross-functional team.
- Become a voice and champion of the user and provide valuable context for key product decisions.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) matching
- Apple equipment
- Sponsorship for conferences, continuing education, etc