AI Team Backend Engineer
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science /
At Sirona Medical we’re building tools for physicians to work as fast as they can think. Many billions of patient images are acquired each year in the U.S., and nearly all of them are reviewed and diagnosed by a radiologist. In fact, 80% of healthcare data flows through radiology IT systems, and radiologists are among healthcare’s most tech-savvy and influential physicians. But they desperately need better, user-friendly software that cuts clicks and optimizes diagnostic time. Sirona is building a modern cloud-native and AI-powered operating system (“RadOS”) that unifies radiology IT onto a single, streamlined workspace. We’re a San Francisco, CA-based software company (with employees working from all over the U.S.) founded on a deep understanding of both the practice and business of radiology.
For more information, please visit www.sironamedical.com.
Software Engineers (Backend) at Sirona are responsible for the data-intensive applications and services we develop for reimagining the way doctors engage with medical images in the era of AI. Software Engineers work in collaboration with our Product Designers and Product Managers to solve problems and further the application of technology in the radiology space. Their goal is to help doctors deliver the highest quality of care with the use of technology.
- Create API solutions for internal and external web services for storing and exposing all data ingested or generated by radiologists, using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Build performant and reliable services and solutions to manage and transfer the large amount of data to clients
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Drive innovation on the team with a willingness to experiment and to boldly confront problems of high complexity and scope
- 5+ years of professional experience contributions to open source projects
- API design experienceDatabase experience (SQL or NOSQL)
- Experience with diagnosing and preventing performance problems, particularly at large scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing Docs and RFCs
- Ability to determine the trade offs of multiple solutions and choose the appropriate one given the business needs
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401K matching
- Apple equipment
- Sponsorship for conferences, continuing education, etc
- Dynamic engineering role–technological innovation is at the core of our business
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals
- Do something morally benevolent!!
- Python 3, async
- Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis
- torch, spacy, scikit-learn
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS - S3, SNS, SQS, EC2, RDS, EKS