Senior Application Engineer (Image Visualization - Frontend)
San Francisco /
Software Engineering /
Sirona’s mission is to make the highest quality healthcare available to everyone. We’re building a diagnostic engine that learns from and empowers the world’s most accurate radiologists–but enabling diagnosticians is just the beginning. Through our end-to-end workflow, we’re working to improve the quality and efficiency of the entire episode of care, simplifying the process of medicine and allowing doctors to focus on patients. We are interdisciplinary thinkers who are passionate about technology and medicine, and believe in the power of technology to protect and preserve human life. We’re in stealth mode and we’re hiring.
Application Engineers at Sirona are responsible for the user facing application and services we develop for reimagining the way doctors engage with medical images in the era of AI. Application Engineers work in collaboration with our Product Designers and Product Managers to solve problems and further the application of technology in the radiology space. Their goal is to help doctors deliver the highest quality of care with the use of technology.
They are responsible for rendering and operating on medical images through our web based product.
- Have 5+ years of experience in frontend software development
- Experience with WebGL or three.js
- Solid grasp of image visualization, processing, and geometry (CS degree)
- Optional familiarity with visualization toolkits such as VTK or Cornerstone desired
- Optional familiarity with C++/Rust
- Developing new functionality for radiology viewer software
- Contributing to image computation and analysis libraries
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical insurance
- Apple equipment
- Catered lunches and team events
- Sponsorship for conferences
This is a dynamic engineering role–technological innovation is at the core of our business. We provide growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment that include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals. Do something that actually matters.