Engineering Manager (API's)
San Francisco, CA or Remote (US) /
Engineering Manager /
“I want to spend hours slicing and dicing my data just to know how my key metrics move!”, said no one ever. Sisu is using sophisticated machine learning algorithms to free up countless hours of users’ time in understanding why their metrics are changing. Based on years of cutting-edge research at Stanford, our software platform enables users to quickly and comprehensively understand what’s driving their key metrics, so they never miss a window of opportunity to act.
Sisu is a fundamental rearchitecture of how users interact with data. Instead of relying on users to tell us what they want to see, as in traditional dashboarding systems, Sisu predicts users’ intent based on their metrics of interest, and past behaviors. We take this kind of predictive analysis for granted in consumer applications (e.g., Netflix, Google, Facebook), but the hardest interface design and ranking problems lie in making private data found in everyday organizations actionable. The key problem we’re solving as a first step in this direction is to help identify what’s driving change in key metrics like revenue, retention, and churn among the enormous set of factors like user demographics, campaigns, and acquisition channels. To do so, we combine statistical analysis and machine learning at scale to provide users personalized, real-time diagnoses of changes in their metrics via an explainable, interpretable user interface.
As a Product Engineering Manager at Sisu you’ll be instrumental shaping our architecture, product, and company culture. As a rapidly growing Series C company, we’re looking for a Product Engineering leader who has had success scaling teams (provide mentorship, coaching, career guidance) + help shape the technical and product strategy of API's and 3rd party integrations.
What you'll Bring:
- 7+ Years of Engineering experience (at least 3+ years) managing 5+ engineers
- Expertise in backend stacks, with the ability to code
- Hands on experience with backend/serverside programming
- Expertise with Python, or other backend languages + experience building API's
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating internally with partner teams and externally with our customers and end users
- Capable of coaching team members, by translating complex nuances related to the languages and libraries we use, in easy to understand terms.
- Competitive Compensation + Health Insurance
- Unlimited PTO and Company Recharge Days
- Quarterly in-person gatherings focused on fostering relationships in a hybrid work model
- “No Meeting” Wednesdays for consistent, dedicated focus time
- $500 home office setup budget
- More benefits are available to review upon request
Sisu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.