Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
San Francisco, CA /
🏗 What problems are we solving?
We're on a mission to modernize finance for construction, an industry that employs 1 out of every 10 workers, but lacks good software tools to get the job done. Payments in construction are fundamentally broken — the antiquated billing process hasn't evolved in decades, and construction is one of the slowest industries to get paid in. We've found a unique wedge into this huge market and are growing quickly.
🔨 Why are we building this?
Millions of hardworking people are affected by this broken system — in turn making construction more expensive and inefficient for society every year. When everyone up and down the chain is on the same page with payments, contractors can focus on actually building, instead of mountains of paperwork. We’re reimagining construction finance to help contractors get paid, grow their business, and build a better future for all of us.
🕺 The Role
As a member of our small but mighty product engineering team, you'll be responsible for sustaining (and raising!) the bar for user-friendly, accessible, and delightful UX. You'll work closely with our cross-functional product team to conceptualize, implement, and ship features from start to finish. Whether iterating on core workflows or driving major product initiatives, you'll be thinking nonstop about how to improve our customers' experience and refine the product. You'll be a technical leader on the frontend, building reusable components and defining new UI patterns, so our platform scales smoothly as our product grows. And, you'll be an early member of the Siteline team and lend your unique voice and perspective to the shaping of not just the product, but the company itself.
Siteline is headquartered in San Francisco, with a sunny downtown office at the Powell BART/Muni station. Most of our eng team works in-office 3-4 days a week but we’re very flexible, which means you get to decide when and where you want to work. We're big believers in trust and in a healthy work/life balance: we want you to be productive and connected with the team, but we're not here to micromanage.
- Product development: Work closely with the engineering and product team to plan, architect, and implement features across our core product. You'll partner especially closely with the design team, collaborating on UX direction and executing on an aligned vision.
- Technical leadership: Employ software engineering best practices to ensure that our codebase remains well-tested and bug-free. As an early engineer, you’ll have a prominent voice in engineering decisions and technical direction across the stack.
- Customer satisfaction: Ensure that our customers are successful, happy, and engaged. You'll work to understand their workflows and pain points, and always be looking for opportunities to improve their experience and make their jobs easier.
- Team building: Be an active part of shaping Siteline's culture, helping to recruit and mentor new team members and cultivating a positive, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
👀 What We're Looking For
- Experience: 4-8 years of professional software experience, including meaningful experience in front-end web development. You've built complex user interfaces, worked with internal APIs, and shipped to real customers on a regular basis.
- Product focused: You take pride in building elegant, beautiful, and user-friendly products.
- Problem solver: You're good at understanding and breaking down complex problems. You are resourceful and comfortable with ambiguity, and can make good decisions and forward progress even when requirements are unclear.
- Great communicator: You engage thoughtfully and effectively with others, and you're an attentive and empathetic listener. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences and confidently break down tricky topics in writing and in person.
- Growth mindset: You're eager to learn, comfortable asking questions, and receptive to feedback.
🍪 Brownie Points
- Modern tech: Familiarity working with React, TypeScript, and GraphQL.
- Startup: You've worked in a fast-paced startup environment in the past and are excited to do it again.
- Leadership: You have experience mentoring fellow team members and are considered a leader among your peers. You're approachable and enjoy helping others on the team continually grow.
- Creativity: You like to express yourself creatively through hobbies or interests outside of coding.
👫 Company values
Be worthy of trust
We work to create an environment where our customers, partners, and teammates feel safe and supported, always. We take a long-term view of relationships and follow through on the promises we make. We are committed to building a culture where everyone feels like they belong and actively prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Focus and flow
We are selective about the problems we solve and how we solve them. Focusing on the right things helps us work in a flow state, resulting in more creative ideas, faster progress, and greater impact. We establish clear areas of ownership, so we know who's got the ball on what.
We love our customers and work backwards from their needs. We sweat the details and work relentlessly to build smarter systems that solve real problems. We take big swings and look toward the long term, finding moments of delight along the way.
We are curious, open-minded, and unafraid of the unknown. We actively invest in learning because we believe that when we grow as individuals, we grow as a team. We challenge ourselves to aim higher and make better mistakes every day.
At Siteline, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. Join us.