Senior Product Designer
Technology – Product Design /
At Sitetracker, we are in the process of reinventing our product from the ground up.
Based out of our office in Bangalore for 2-3 days a week, we're looking for a Senior Product Designer who can be both the Design leg in the Trio, and take on a leadership role within the India design team.
As a Senior Product Designer at Sitetracker, you will own a vertical/product area along with the other members of your trio: a Product Manager and a Tech Lead. Together, you are involved in decisions from day one through launch. Your work will move our product in the direction you believe is best.
As a Team Lead, you will guide less experienced designers on the team, guiding them to use the right tools and techniques to solve users’ problems, and ensuring that their work is meeting a standard of excellence. You will be in close contact with the US team, forming an essential part of the bridge between the two halves of the team.
For this role, we need someone who has a deep drive to understand complex problems, who finds creative ways to learn the users’ needs and experiences, who finds creative and elegant solutions to those problems – and who can bring their team and the wider organization with them on that journey. We need someone who is organized, proactive, and extremely communicative.
The Skill Set:
- Effectively lead discussions and design activities with team members and partners
- Effectively manage multiple projects and negotiate competing priorities with product and engineering peers
- Lead workshops to surface knowledge and ideas Execute a vision that has been laid out and ask additional questions to clarify ambiguity
- Articulate design decisions effectively
- Understand how to use modern design and workflow tools like Figma, Miro, Coda, Maze, and Jira
- Work with various design systems and languages
- Have a strong eye for aesthetics
- Apply basic understanding of User Research methodologies
- Apply experience with information architecture, requirements synthesis, and new product explorations
- Work with a distributed North American team
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Understand Sitetracker’s tools, the problems we solve, and the people we solve them for
- Start formulating user and customer personas for your space
- Design and iterate on ideas with product managers and stakeholders
- Lead brainstorming and early feature discovery sessions with your product and engineering peers
- Create final designs, and test them with internal and/or external users
- Stay involved in the development of a feature from conceptualization to code-complete
- Complete your own audit of you product area and identify areas of improvement
- Familiarize yourself with Salesforce Lightning Design System
Within 180 Days, You'll:
- Conduct usability testing and research sessions with your product peer
- Become a trusted partner for your product peer, and our customers
- Build relationships within our company and with our customers
- Be able to articulate the value Sitetracker provides our customers and across various market segments
- Collaborate on improving our design and product processes
- Ship a new product to all of our customers
- Contribute to our young design system
Within 365 Days, You'll:
- Become the most vocal advocate for our customers in your product segment
- Document best practices and educate your team, and the company as to what they are
- Drive efficiencies in the team by understanding the business needs and engineering constraints
- Define design standards you’ve implemented in your product area to help scale our designs
- Drive the product roadmap by actively participating in every phase of the product development cycle
- Understand application of new technologies to support business processes and overall user experience
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.