Who we are
Sketch is an award-winning platform that helps over one million designers, from freelancers to some of the world's largest teams, design better products every day. We're proud of where we've come from, who we are and where we're headed.
What we do
It's an exciting time to join our expanding Marketing team. We have ambitious plans in place for 2020 and need a Web Dev/Designer to join our talented team.
Our aim is to grow our brand profile on a global scale, retain and strengthen our position as an industry leader, and help our users design better products with Sketch.
Marketing is currently made up of the following teams:
Copy and content; who educate and inform our users at every stage of their journey.
Community and events; who put Sketch at the heart of major design conferences and local meetups.
Web and digital; who grow and shape our web and digital presence.
What you'll do
As part of the web and digital team, you’ll be working on the whole Sketch website, whether that’s the main site pages, our Community hub, or web apps like the License Manager. It will be your job to make sure our website works great, feels consistent and always provides the best user experience.
No two days are the same at Sketch, which means on a typical day you could be doing any of the following:
- Designing and implementing new pages, features, and systems
- Reviewing code and design from other team members
- Working and coordinating with extended team members (including product designers and project managers) on new releases and updates
- Contributing to the improvement of our website codebase, platform and tooling
- Creating solutions for challenges and projects, with accompanying sitemaps, flows, wireframes when necessary
- Taking initiative on user experience improvements and new project proposals
- Designing assets for use in digital
- Day-to-day development tasks (triaging issues, fixing bugs) and hygiene jobs (e.g. image tagging, page/traffic audits, code organization and refactor)
What we're looking for
- You should be passionate about digital, be able to solve problems and above all be a dedicated team player with a keen and meticulous eye for detail.
- We value every year of experience in your field, but experience isn't the be-all and end-all. The ideal candidate has the enthusiasm and the knowledge to create high quality web experiences. We'd love for you to learn from us, just like we'd love to be able to learn from you.
- Our team works remotely and communicates mostly in writing, so you will need to have an excellent grasp of written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
- 3 years + in a design and development role
- A strong portfolio showing recent examples of responsive web design
- Experience with modern development tooling (GitHub, NPM, ES6, etc.)
- A commitment to best practices such as progressive enhancement and accessibility
- Quick adaptation to the design system, branding and development guidelines at Sketch
- A problem solver who adopts a proactive approach to finding solutions that are of benefit to the team, and wider company
- Self management skills with the ability to prioritize your own workload, while working collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as good written and spoken English
- A minimum four hours of overlap with European/African timezones and able to work remotely as part of a close-knit team.
- Experience and understanding of Sketch (both product and brand)
- Experience creating and maintaining a web design system
- A passion and knowledge of UX principles and practices
- Knowledge and experience with the JAMStack architecture
- Experience working with metrics and analytics (e.g Google Analytics)
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.