3D Backend Engineer
The 3D backend job is to load, clean, optimize and compress all uploaded data to be viewable in all device types with great accuracy and fidelity with respect to user data.
You will help us to make it a breeze uploading models on Sketchfab and to improve data accessibility. Sometimes by extending our format/software support and sometimes by lowering the hardware or bandwidth requirements to display a scene.
- Maintain and extend our 3D processing pipeline
- Optimize processed data in terms of processing timings, rendering performance, bandwidth requirements
- Help to improve our architecture and tooling to smooth our workflow
- Support, listen and give feedback to our community
- 2+ years of experience working with 3D data
- Focused on shipping simple and robust code
- Best practices advocate (coding, building/deployment tools, continuous integration, you name it...)
- Self-organized and pragmatic
- Comfortable on a Linux environment
- Experience using scene graphs, especially in OpenSceneGraph
- Knowledge on 3D modelling/animation software
- Knowledge in compression algorithms
- AWS, Docker, Jenkins, CMake, Jira, C++11, WebGL, OpenGL(ES)
- We are results-oriented, organized, resourceful, and creative. We do our best to implement our ideas and find practical solutions
- We are team players, fun to work with and be around, during office hours and during our get-togethers
- We are an international French and English speaking team
- We are passionate about 3D & VR, and want to shape its future
With a community of over one million creators, we are the world’s largest platform to publish, share, and discover 3D content on web, mobile, AR, and VR.
Our technology integrates with every major 3D creation tool and publishing platform and supports almost every 3D format directly through our site or using one of our official exporters.
Using our universal 3D & VR player, your creations can be embedded on any web page and every major network including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, WordPress, Behance, DeviantArt and Kickstarter.
Sketchfab is proud to be the official 3D publishing partner of Adobe Photoshop, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft Hololens, Intel RealSense and more.
Sketchfab is a venture backed company (our investors include FirstMark, Balderton, Partech, Borealis, Techstars...) with offices in NYC and Paris.