3D Backend Engineer
The 3D backend job is to load, clean, optimize and compress all uploaded data to be viewable in all device types with great accuracy and fidelity with respect to user data.
You will help us to make it a breeze uploading models on Sketchfab and to improve data accessibility. Sometimes by extending our format/software support and sometimes by lowering the hardware or bandwidth requirements to display a scene.
- Maintain and extend our 3D processing pipeline
- Optimize processed data in terms of processing timings, rendering performance, bandwidth requirements
- Help to improve our architecture and tooling to smooth our workflow
- Support, listen and give feedback to our community
- 2+ years of experience working with 3D data
- Focused on shipping simple and robust code
- Best practices advocate (coding, building/deployment tools, continuous integration, you name it...)
- Self-organized and pragmatic
- Comfortable on a Linux environment
- Experience using scene graphs, especially in OpenSceneGraph
- Knowledge on 3D modelling/animation software
- Knowledge in compression algorithms
- AWS, Docker, Jenkins, CMake, Jira, C++11, WebGL, OpenGL(ES)
- We are results-oriented, organized, resourceful, and creative. We do our best to implement our ideas and find practical solutions
- We are team players, fun to work with and be around, during office hours and during our get-togethers
- We are an international French and English speaking team
- We are passionate about 3D & VR, and want to shape its future
- Learn more on our team and culture on https://sketchfab.com/careers
The job is based in Paris, and comes with a competitive salary and equity package, depending on your experience.
Sketchfab is empowering a new era of creativity by making it easy for anyone to publish and find 3D content online. With a community of millions of creators who have published millions of models, we are the largest platform for immersive and interactive 3D. Additionally, our store allows thousands of buyers and sellers to transact in confidence using our realtime 3D viewer and model inspector.
Our technology is integrated with every major 3D creation tool and publishing platform, and is compatible with every browser and most VR headsets. Our player is embeddable anywhere on the web, and lets you view and share 3D and VR content on social media such as Facebook, Twitter or Reddit.