Account Development Representative
Skilljar is seeking multiple Account Development Representatives to join our fast-growing team. These individuals will be responsible for qualifying inbound leads and/or generating outbound contacts via prospecting.
We’re looking for team members with successful track records hunting B2B leads for a business software product, appointment setting, and managing inbound requests for information. In some cases, you will be giving online presentations about Skilljar. You will work closely with the CEO, Director of Marketing, Account Executives, and other team members to scale a sales development process that's delivering data-driven results. In addition to top-notch business development skills, you will be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where you will have direct input into go-to-market strategy and how we improve the product. Depending on your skills and experience, you will also have the opportunity to grow into an Account Executive role.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Make outbound calls to prospects who have expressed interest in learning more about Skilljar.
- Make outbound calls to prospects who are deemed to reside in one of Skilljar’s core markets.
- Share information about Skilljar and ask questions about the prospect's business intentions.
- Discern potential for purchase and forward those who are of good potential to the Sales Account Executives to pursue.
- Schedule appointments between prospects and Account Executives
- Record prospect information in our CRM database.
- Lead generation/sales experience for a B2B SaaS or enterprise software product. Skilled at discovering new leads through research and developing relationships with prospects through consultative selling.
- Highly data-driven and experienced with sales automation and CRM tools.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Comfortable making cold outbound contact with clients over phone and email.
- Ability to share, measure, and implement best practices with the team.
- Excellent sales organization skills, attention to detail, and customer focus.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and rapidly changing market feedback. Startup experience a major plus.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.