Manager, Account Development
Skilljar is hoping to continue our growth spurt in the Sales Department and add another Account Development leader to our team! This candidate would join as our second Manager for the ADR team which has grown quite a bit and will see sustained continuous growth. The ideal candidate will have previous experience leading an account-based marketing team focused on outbound prospecting efforts. We’re looking for a passionate people lead to come help grow our pipeline!
In this role, you will own exceeding pipeline generation targets as well as growing an Account Development team. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic plan to achieve pipeline targets and expand Skilljar’s customer base. As the Account Development Manager, you will be a strategic thinker with exceptional strategic, commercial, and cross-functional skills, and have Account/Sales Development Management experience.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Manage a team of 8-10 high performing Account Development Representatives.
- Continuous mentorship and development of the Account Development team which includes recruiting, hiring, and training new Account Development Reps.
- Build and execute on the pipeline plan.
- Set and manage ADR quotas.
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings to help drive conversions from Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) to help build a quality pipeline.
- Review Account Development Reps Quarterly Business Objectives and work with them on achieving those objectives.
- Report activity and conversions to Sales and other departments as needed while also monitoring team activity goals and tracking results.
- 3+ years of experience in leading or managing a team, preferably in a high growth, SaaS sales environment. And in addition, have at least 2 years of individual sales experience.
- Ability to recruit, lead, and motivate high performing reps to achieve the desired pipeline and lead conversion quotas.
- Build and maintain a plan to drive predictable business.
- Excellent presentation skills (remote and in person), including an ability to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of individuals internally or within a customer organization.
- Strong drive to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent related work experience.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.