Skilljar is seeking an Account Manager to join our fast-growing team. This individual will play an instrumental part in the customer journey. The Account Manager is primarily responsible for driving value, retention, and growth within a named account base. In addition to top-notch sales and customer relationship skills, you will be joining a rapidly growing team, where you will have direct input on team development and scalability.
You must be very comfortable wearing multiple hats in a highly ambiguous environment and working closely with Marketing and Customer Success teams to close and retain major accounts. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, strategic, and high-judgment Account Manager to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly accelerating startup that has already delighted dozens of Mid-Market to Enterprise clients.
- Actively manage a book of business to minimize attrition, negotiate renewals, expand business where appropriate.
- Maintain updated pipeline and sales stages based on entry and exit criteria in Salesforce.
- Log all customer activity in CRM ensuring high integrity on customer record keeping.
- Diligently stay in touch with all accounts, identify appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers to assess and surface at-risk customers, in addition to offering insight on how to mitigate lost business.
- Partner with Customer Success to align on account activities with the customer’s use case and training strategy.
- Facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews along with Customer Success Managers and provide strategic insights driving business impact.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers’ business needs.
- Create a vision and scope of work that will allow for the growth of learning to occur in an account.
- Prospecting within named account base to create new opportunities within new divisions, teams, subsidiaries, parent companies, etc.
- Conduct a whitespace analysis (products, departments, divisions, use cases) and determine total opportunity within named account base.
- Leverage internal Customer champions and relationships to identify new opportunities, including referrals when applicable.
- Identify opportunities for paid support and education packages.
- Build account plans with timelines that will translate to customer value, renewals, expansion, and referrals.
- Create and own the executive relationship and drive connections with all key stakeholders within an account.
- Develop a Rhythm of the Business (ROB) with a variety of roles in an account including: executive, champion, an economic buyer, finance/procurement, and key leadership stakeholders.
- Identify and navigate procurement, legal, and contracts process, budget process, spending limits, procurement thresholds, and sole source options.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive Account Based Marketing strategy and automation workflows where applicable.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in a solution based sales environment, including 2+ years of Account Management experience.
- Experience working within a SaaS Model.
- Familiarity with Salesforce (SFDC), Outreach or Salesloft, and Intercom are a plus.
- Must be revenue focused excited and determined to maximize the revenue opportunity for Skilljar.
- Exceptional customer empathy. Understands the way to drive revenue is to uncover customers' largest problems and positive business outcomes, then clearly articulate our defensible differentiators.
- Motivated by driving new business opportunities while cultivating the customer relationship.
- Excellent communication skills — with customers, leadership, and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to problem-solve on the fly and work cross-functionally to execute on solutions quickly and effectively.
- Results-driven and resourceful. Someone who will continuously test and iterate on their approach.
- Kindly assertive. Isn’t afraid to level-set expectations with customers or ask for their business.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Skilljar's mission is to empower Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage and retain customers. Leading global enterprise organizations such as Cisco and Verizon rely on Skilljar to accelerate customer onboarding and time-to-value. Backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the customer training platform of choice for enterprises. We are a professional and experienced team with roots from Amazon, and a fun work environment just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup. Come join our team!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.