People Operations Partner
Skilljar is seeking a people-focused, forward-thinker who is detail-oriented and results-driven to join as our People Operations Partner. This person will support the high-growth trajectory that we will experience this year and will work closely with our leadership team to support a great employee experience.
The People Operations Partner will be very hands-on in providing full-cycle support to our employees (Skillets) and leaders. We will look to this person to partner with management on HR related issues such as employee relations, employee success, performance management, and compensation.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Collaborate with our leadership team to develop and enhance programs to facilitate employee success and positive team experience in line with achieving key business objectives and results.
- Act as a trusted resource for employees and management on all People related matters, employee/career development, and organizational design. Coach Managers and Employees through performance management issues. Handle inbound employee inquiries and escalate issues with appropriate judgment.
- Administer the nuts and bolts of People Operations in a fast-growing company, including HR systems, compensation, leaves of absence, benefits, immigration, and remote worker policies.
- Conduct new hire orientation and onboarding, new hire surveys, semi-annual employee surveys, quarterly check-ins, and exit interviews.
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations at federal and state levels, leveraging outside counsel when necessary.
- Work closely with the leadership team to cultivate a positive work environment and support a positive employment experience through activities and events that reinforce our culture and values.
- Drive quarterly reporting and insights for People Operations.
- 3+ years of People Operations/Human Resources experience in the Technology industry with an emphasis on systems and processes. High growth startup experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- In-depth understanding of HR best practices, compliance, and employment law at federal and state levels (particularly Washington State and California).
- Experience with people operations lifecycle (onboarding, transfers, performance cycles, leaves of absence and offboarding).
- Experience with HRIS tools - preferably Zenefits, Gusto, Small Improvements, Lever, Sounding Board, and Google Apps.
- Experience with benefits and compensation administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills; builds trust easily
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, open office environment
- Microsoft Excel experience including creating pivot reports, VLOOKUPs, and charts/graphs partnered with analytical and problem-solving experience. Demonstrated proficiency with HR metrics and reporting.
- Strong conflict resolution and performance management and coaching skills.
- Maintains a high level of time-sensitive work prioritization, accuracy, organizational and communication skills.
- Self-sufficient, results-oriented with a commitment to quality, service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a highly ambiguous environment is a must for this role.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.