Skilljar is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our fast growing team. The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker that uses data to inform the business. They will support our high-growth trajectory and will work closely with our leadership team to help Skilljar achieve our goals.
This role will be very hands-on owning the entire accounting process from setting policy, maintenance of day to day accounting functions and the production of financial statements, management reports and board level decks. This individual will work cross-functionally with other team leads to ensure that we have a scalable process in place to manage Skilljar’s accounting in a GAAP compliant way while the organization continues to rapidly grow.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Own monthly closing of the books, including posting journal entries, calculating accruals, and reconciling accounts.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable programs to efficiently maximize the cash position of the business.
- Oversee filing of federal, state and local taxes with support from Skilljar’s tax accountants.
- Set accounting policy for compliance under GAAP and ensure audit readiness.
- Produce monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in the budget and budget tracking.
- Automate manual process through searching, evaluating and recommending off-the-shelf cost-effective software solutions.
- Own relationship with external auditors and tax accountants.
- Drive desired business outcomes by producing regular metrics and key performance indicators for company management and board of directors.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity for the business.
- Produce ad hoc analyses to understand key business drivers.
- Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- 3+ years of Accounting experience, 5+ years preferred.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have a solid understanding of GAAP, CPA preferred.
- Proficiency working in financial accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Docs.
- SaaS experience preferred.
- Maintains a high level of time-sensitive work prioritization, accuracy, organizational and communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, open office environment.
- Self-sufficient, results-oriented with a commitment to quality, service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a highly ambiguous environment is a must for this role.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.